Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

MEAT TORNADO!!!

Options
My brother in law deployed to Kuwait this summer and when he got there he found out he was getting reassigned to Iraq. (Yeah, he's pretty pissed).

Anyways, to lift his spirits, I promised to create the Meat Tornado Burrito that was mentioned in the show Parks and Rec. The guy is Ron Swanson. 

Everything has to come from an animal. Here is what I have so far. Brisket, pulled pork, jalapeno sausage, smoked turkey, cheese, and use bacon as the "tortilla" by overlapping slices, cooking in the oven half way, then filling it up and tooth picking it together and putting t back on the grill. 

We are making this up as we go here so all advice is welcome. Only catch is no seafood. Apparently seafood to him is not meat. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

Comments

• Coul
    Coul Posts: 111
    Options
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,666
    Options
    I'm tuned in. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    You could also try using chicken skin as the wrapper.  Pull it off the chicken, stuff, toothpicks to hold it together, and then crisp it by grilling directly.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,631
    Options
    Wrap it in roast beef or ham slices, or roast beef and ham slices.
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Acn said:
    You could also try using chicken skin as the wrapper.  Pull it off the chicken, stuff, toothpicks to hold it together, and then crisp it by grilling directly.
    I just read that to my wife and she started gagging. I thought it sounded interesting. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
    Options
    Bacon lattice for a shell........ Brilliant!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,171
    Options
    Oven for temp, then wrap in pig skin and deep fry.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Oven for temp, then wrap in pig skin and deep fry.
    Not a terrible idea

South of Nashville, TN

• jstewart12a
    jstewart12a Posts: 144
    Options
    I know this wouldn't be considered a meat, but you can't go wrong by stuffing it with at least 1 type of cheese. 
    1 LBGE. Winder, GA
  • bigbadben
    bigbadben Posts: 397
    Options
    I know this wouldn't be considered a meat, but you can't go wrong by stuffing it with at least 1 type of cheese. 
    I agree cheese sounds good. The rule was must come from animal. I think cheese works, jalapeños, those might be cheating. ;)
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Oh cheese counts. Guess I forgot to put that. I'm thinking a 4 cheese blend. It comes from a cow so it's all good in my book

South of Nashville, TN

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    bigbadben said:
    I agree cheese sounds good. The rule was must come from animal. I think cheese works, jalapeños, those might be cheating. ;)
    It has been pardoned. It is a flavoring to meat.  Not an ingredient. Just like a rub. If it was chopped up and put in after, I agree. Disqualified. 

South of Nashville, TN

• StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options

You are correct to avoid any type of seafood in the meat tornado, as the esteemed Mr. Swanson says: Fish for sport only, not for meat. Fish meat is practically a vegetable.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,631
    Options
    bigbadben said:
    Jalapeño cheese.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,038
    Options
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Robo2015
    Robo2015 Posts: 267
    Options
    WeberWho said:
     :o 
    A Lonely Single Large Egg

North Shore of Massachusetts
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Legume said:
    bigbadben said:
    Jalapeño cheese.
    Jalapeno bacon cheese
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    Options
    I put myself through college dancing under the name "meat tornado ". 

(never gets old)
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    I may get put in Egghead internet time out for this...

but sometimes you just can't hide it. 

South of Nashville, TN

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,171
    Options
    I think that would be an awesome snack to eat while watching those people on discovery's "Naked and Afraid" starving.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin