Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Peoria, Il .... cherry and silver maple free

Options
Ozzie_Isaac
Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,124
edited July 2016 in EggHead Forum
No idea if silver maple is good or not (I use sugar maple) ....

But I have some cherry and a bunch of silver maple free for the taking.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Your Father gave 3 three cherry tree chunks that I have drying so I'm good for now. As for silver maple the consensus it is better in the fireplace as it produces little smoke and it is tasteless smoke at that. Can't you just give the SM to a neighbor?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    RRP said:
    Your Father gave 3 three cherry tree chunks that I have drying so I'm good for now. As for silver maple the consensus it is better in the fireplace as it produces little smoke and it is tasteless smoke at that. Can't you just give the SM to a neighbor?
    No neighbors bbq .... I will just leave it when I move, but if someone on this board wants it, I will give it to them .... unless its @JohnInCarolina .
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    If you come down I75 to get to I10, bring it with you. Shouldn't be more than a day out of your way. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Gone :)
  • RRP
    Options
    Gone :)
    Good! One more thing marked off your to do list! 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Damnit!
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• RRP
    Options
    Focker said:
    Damnit!
    See what happens when you skip the Peoria Eggfests where you could have gotten to know at least the fathers of local eggers! You know the term...contacts =)
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    RRP said:
    Focker said:
    Damnit!
    See what happens when you skip the Peoria Eggfests where you could have gotten to know at least the fathers of local eggers! You know the term...contacts =)
    I hear ya.  I'm always late to the party.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• RRP
    Options
    Focker said:

I hear ya.  I'm always late to the party.
    maybe, but you party hearty!

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Tom Hanks Forrest Gump GIF - TomHanks ForrestGump Wave - Discover
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    🥸