Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Really good food on Maine trip

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• JacksDad
    JacksDad Posts: 538
    Options
    Came for a picture of a lobster roll. Not disappointed.  
    Large BGE -- New Jersey

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    And how many pick-em-up trucks did you get orders for on that trip you rascal ? I assume that was a corporate sponsored trip up to "Kenny's Port".
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Captain_Paul
    Captain_Paul Posts: 138
    Options
    Holy crap! I gotta go to Maine. 
    LBGE, Minimax
    Owensboro, Kentucky
    Go Cats!
  • NC_Egghead
    NC_Egghead Posts: 786
    Options
    Good stuff. Those clams with the big bellies are awesome!
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • Mickey
    Options
    RRP said:
    And how many pick-em-up trucks did you get orders for on that trip you rascal ? I assume that was a corporate sponsored trip up to "Kenny's Port".
    I only drive them now (no orders/retired). 

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Options
    The lobster roll & blue berry pie from Wells next to this lighthouse. 
    The clams fro the bridge in Kennebunkport The Clam Shack. 
    The blue berry pancakes from Becky's in Portland. 

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Funny story, I was stationed on the USS Iwo Jima. We went to Portland, Maine for their version of Fleet Week. Had to have been 2005 or so. One day we get word that President Bush (41) wanted to come by and tour the ship. About half an hour later, he pulls up with a (presumably) Secret Service Agent, moored his wooden boat right behind the ship. 
    He was super nice. Greeted and shook hands with any of the crew member. Certainly a time I won't forget. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    @Mickey, if you get to Freeport, check out Mickey D's. About 1/4 mile north of Bean's. You don't have to eat there (please!), but it's definitely different. 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    @Mickey, if you get to Freeport, check out Mickey D's. About 1/4 mile north of Bean's. You don't have to eat there (please!), but it's definitely different. 

I remember the first time I drove my wife past this on the way to Bean's.  Her head turned and was absolutely confused - "Is that, was that a McDonalds?" 

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options

dont know if they still do it but beans used to pick you up at the docks and would swing you by there on the way to the store. taking the boat was much easier than driving =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Mickey said:
    absolutely craving that pancake, my blueberries will be ripe in a couple weeks and ive got a new bottle of pour neighbors maple syrup harvested from the local cemetery =) , huge crop this year,my neighbors wanting to make wine with them this year
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    7 bushes 5 to 8 feet high loaded like this =)

this ones almost all berries

fukahwee maine

• Mickey
    Options

Went to Beans and must have passed by there twice, missing it both times. Thought lobster rolls at McDonalds wea cool. 

• Mickey
    Options
    @fishlessman I don't eat blueberrys in Texas. Yours are a whole new ballgame. Wow! 

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Great looking food Mickey. I am sure this was a great trip.

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Mickey said:
    @fishlessman I don't eat blueberrys in Texas. Yours are a whole new ballgame. Wow! 

they attract young bikini clad woman standing on paddle boards =) i should have planted them along time ago.
    fukahwee maine

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    And once again, I'm envious of your sweet retired life. Those are some good looking eats!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Robo2015
    Robo2015 Posts: 267
    Options
    I was at the clam shack just this past Sunday! Best lobster roll I've ever had.
    A Lonely Single Large Egg

North Shore of Massachusetts
  • Mickey
    Options
    Robo2015 said:
    They were the best clams i have ever had. So much better than several other places in Maine and NH. But going in my bar was set to Long John Silvers and Red Lobster.......

• fishlessman
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Robo2015 said:
    They were the best clams i have ever had. So much better than several other places in Maine and NH. But going in my bar was set to Long John Silvers and Red Lobster.......
    taco bell makes better mexican food than long johns does with fish =)
    fukahwee maine

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Going up to Nova Scotia Mick?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Mickey
    Options
    We did fly this time. Last year we drove and almost made the extra trip after talking to you. For damn sure the next driving trip we are going to make it. 

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Mickey said:
    We did fly this time. Last year we drove and almost made the extra trip after talking to you. For damn sure the next driving trip we are going to make it. 

Really nice folks there, great music and pubs and the lobster is better

Steve 

Caledon, ON