Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wings & Legs

Options
Wife & kids & puppy are gone for the week, so I hosted some guys for wings night, and diversified by making some drumsticks too.  Tried two recipes from APL's Serious Barbecue that I hadn't done before.  Everything came out great.  

Wings were cooked indirect at about 300 for about 45 minutes without the sauce, then for about another 20 with the sauce on.  The legs were marinated, then drained of marinade and cooked for about 40 minutes in a sealed pan with some butter and 1/8 cup water.  They were then dried, slathered in glaze and cooked with the wings (indirect at 300-ish for about 20 minutes).  Added some maple chunks for smoke.  Made a salad (not pictured) with corn, red onions, red peppers (all grilled) mixed with mango, peaches and lime juice.   All good, but if I do it again I'd change the wing sauce.  Recipe called for making Adam Perry Lang's BBQ sauce (which I didn't have time for) or using a store bought sauce, and (to whichever sauce) adding honey, soy sauce, hot sauce and apple cider vinegar.  I used Rufus Teague as my base because I had two bottles on hand, and wasn't thrilled with the consistency -- came out a bit too thick for wings.  

Comments