Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Update: Wife's sunglasses found. My wife had them in the house. We never mentioned to the police that they were missing so that could have been a little more embarrassing. So I'm pretty confident that they didn't take anything from the vehicles. I'm guessing it was a quick search for wallets, purses, and prescription medication.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Update: Wife's sunglasses found. My wife had them in the house. We never mentioned to the police that they were missing so that could have been a little more embarrassing. So I'm pretty confident that they didn't take anything from the vehicles. I'm guessing it was a quick search for wallets, purses, and prescription medication.
    My wife has been missing her glasses for about a month now. We believe our rescue (Maddie) got them off the counter and took them outside somewhere. Anyhow, if you happen to find them....I'll cover the shipping and send you a few bottles of sauce. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Some **** hit our neighborhood last year. I think the rough count was 20 wallets and 13 pistols. Jerks broke the back glass out even though the doors were unlocked. Sucks man. Sorry. 
    Now that's not cool. Thanks for the kind words. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Focker said:
    WeberWho said:
    My wife and I had our cars broken into last night. I can't really blame anyone but ourselves. We had family fly in last night from Texas and we were busy hosting them that we forgot to lock our vehicles before going to bed at 1am. I woke up this morning and needed to run to the grocery store to pick up grocery items. When walking up to the truck my glove box was open and papers were scattered everywhere and my sunglasses case was open. (Sunglasses were in the house) Turned around and saw my wife's suv glove box open with her sunglasses case open. Fortunately nothing was taken from my truck. Nothing of value to take. My wife had two pairs of Coach sunglasses in her vehicle. They swiped the fake pair of Coach sunglasses and left the real pair. Suckers! The same thing happened maybe 5 years ago to my wife's car. I think they stole 85 cents in change. Safe neighborhood but someone likes some strange stuff
    Sorry to hear of this bud.  Drugs will make people do stupid, desperate, things.  It's getting really bad.  

I too, keep nothing of real value in my trucks, and seldom lock my doors. 

Glad you guys came out ok, with little loss and no damages.
    @Focker Could have been way worse. They could have opened the garage door with the remote in the truck. I can't really see them running off with ceramic grills but the tools in the garage would have sucked to find missing. If they really wanted to they could have put the truck in neutral and rolled down the driveway onto a flatbed since it's manual transmission. Luckily it was just grab and dash. 

Minnesota
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    @GATraveller
    Nice stickers! 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Legume said:
    13 pistols left in cars overnight on the street or driveway?!
    I know it sounds low, but he's not in Texas. 
    Now that's funny, but those would've been trucks.

Back to my semi-soapbox.  Thiefs suck, but guns and wallets in cars that aren't in a garage? You can cancel a credit card, you can't do anything to stop that thief you just armed.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Clearing a spot on the mantle
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @Jeremiah, @theyolksonyou , @northGAcock and @Nuke1855 ... that trophy is going to look real good mounted to the front of my truck. ;)
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Seeing how you're in Aiken I figured it was from winning **** fight.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Stopped at Candlelight Inn in Sterling, IL for a late lunch(Chicken George), after a fun filled day at the VA in Chicago.  All those places in the Chi, and we were looking forward to coming here.  2 buck Margs on Fridays.  

Jan's Sauce, and the Chicken George, is legendary.

Simply awesome.  A staple in this area.  Gonna be tough to drive home after this, the piping hot fries weren't in the pic.  $9.29

RIP and Godspeed Jan Prescott

My sincere condolences to the Prescott family.  

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,405
    Options
    @Focker -  I don't want to come off as intrusive here but if @pgprescott has experienced a family tragedy then some of us would like to express our condolences as well.  And if I'm wrong then please set me straight.  
    In advance, thanks and I hope this is received in the spirit it was sent.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Focker
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Focker -  I don't want to come off as intrusive here but if @pgprescott has experienced a family tragedy then some of us would like to express our condolences as well.  And if I'm wrong then please set me straight.  
    Not at all. 
    I really hope Pete doesn't mind a tribute pic. Guess I didn't really think that all the way through.
    Candlight Inn is a local long standing business, for almost 50 years.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• lousubcap
    Options
    @Focker -  thanks and I was hoping it was along those lines but...appreciate your prompt response.

BTW-don't you have dishes to wash ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Focker
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Focker -  thanks and I was hoping it was along those lines but...appreciate your prompt response.

BTW-don't you have dishes to wash ;)
    Lol, never have I looked so forward to it.  =)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,191
    Options
    At the dealer buying a new ride...
  • Focker
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Which kidney did you give up, left or right?
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    @Jeremiah, @theyolksonyou , @northGAcock and @Nuke1855 ... that trophy is going to look real good mounted to the front of my truck. ;)
    Please take better care of my trophy as you drop it by the house.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @DoubleEgger -  I hope it is an adequate experience.  I would rather get a friggin root canal (no anesthesia) than buy a car.  Thus I have owned the current ride 13+ years and its predecessor for 29+ years.
    Unfortunately in the interval the family required transportation so that reduced the total time between purchases.  However, I am now seeing my way clear for what could be a run to the finish-line.  
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Focker said:
    Only the left one.  GMC is running a great deal that ends today.  Been driving my 06 Tundra since new...
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    Please take better care of my trophy as you drop it by the house.

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Focker said:
    Stopped at Candlelight Inn in Sterling, IL for a late lunch(Chicken George), after a fun filled day at the VA in Chicago.  All those places in the Chi, and we were looking forward to coming here.  2 buck Margs on Fridays.  

Jan's Sauce, and the Chicken George, is legendary.

Simply awesome.  A staple in this area.  Gonna be tough to drive home after this, the piping hot fries weren't in the pic.  $9.29

RIP and Godspeed Jan Prescott

My sincere condolences to the Prescott family.  

lousubcap said:
    Thanks Brandon. Great lady and an extremely diligent working woman. She will be missed by many. 
  • Focker
    Options
    Focker said:
    Only the left one.  GMC is running a great deal that ends today.  Been driving my 06 Tundra since new...
    Sweet!  Uncle has a 2015 quad cab in black, super nice truck.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Just witnessed my 2 year old girl point at a little boy (4-5 yrs old) at story time at Barnes and Noble and tell him "don't push me again". The little boy did push her two weeks ago. 

This kid...
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Thanks Lou. She was my aunt. Great lady. 
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Focker said:
    Focker said:
    Sweet!  Uncle has a 2015 quad cab in black, super nice truck.
    They are sweet. I ended up getting a Silver Crew Cab. 
  • Focker
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Wrapped up with a night game.  Just rolled in. The boys lost the tourney, but so proud of them all.  A lot of growth this year.  Mas went 3 for 3, 2 singles and a double, all into left.  
    He's driving it solid every AB, and loves the 5-6 hole.  

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    watching napoleon dynamite with a gin and tonic...they eat a lot of steak in that movie but not cooked on an egg :-)
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Options
    Hans61 said:
    watching napoleon dynamite with a gin and tonic...they eat a lot of steak in that movie but not cooked on an egg :-)

That's one of those movies that is best started at 420.

Steak to the face = lmao

Phoenix