Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,111
    Options
    Counting down the days till Monday.
    Wtf? Vacation?
    You'll have to wait and see ;)
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Now I'm counting the days till Monday 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    @Focker - Congrats on the prompt turn-around.  No doubt the anticipation is a killer...just moderate your enthusiasm about the versatile capabilities of your new outdoor dishwasher.  Actually am quite interested in your assessment.  Enjoy as I know you will.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
    I wish there was a "love" button, @NPHuskerFL !!!!!!
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited July 2016
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Focker - Congrats on the prompt turn-around.  No doubt the anticipation is a killer...just moderate your enthusiasm about the versatile capabilities of your new outdoor dishwasher.  Actually am quite interested in your assessment.  Enjoy as I know you will.
    Thanks my friend.  Looking forward to kicking back in the rockers, tending fire, and drinking Spotted Cow.  Got some Stihl BioPlus bar lube for the alligator loppers.  Breaking down the mulberry is the last check, on my list.  Will report back here, as we go.  First cook is a couple of Berkshire shoulders to start early morning with the coffee.  Figured it would be a fun cook to putz and dial in.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    @focker it doesn't get better than new glarus and BBQ. Looking forward to your cook!

@NPHuskerFL congrats! I know the feeling. Work sucks, until you can't... Then getting back feels great!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Focker
    edited July 2016
    Options
    blind99 said:
    @focker it doesn't get better than new glarus and BBQ. Looking forward to your cook!

@NPHuskerFL congrats! I know the feeling. Work sucks, until you can't... Then getting back feels great!
    Thanks buddy.  I agree!  Love all their stuff.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    Eating biscuits n gravy. 

That may be the best meal you have until your (my) wing dish Saturday. 
    He'll feed you those four skin sandwichs,  slowly.
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Focker said:
    KBQ is ready and in it's home.  Cookbox and wheel were on the doorstep today.
    Kill day at Berkwood Farms.  Will have shoulders and ribs soon.  Can hardly wait.

Oooohh shiney!!

That firebox won't stay that way for long.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Focker
    edited July 2016
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Focker said:
    Kill day at Berkwood Farms.  Will have shoulders and ribs soon.  Can hardly wait.

Oooohh shiney!!

Will enjoy "seasoning" this bad boy.
    Have you had the chance to fire yours up yet?
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Be safe out there
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • pescadorzih
    pescadorzih Posts: 926
    Options
    Sitting at RDU waiting to board flight back home.
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Now that is right cool. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    Eating biscuits n gravy. 

....just like mama use to make.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • HeavyG
    Options
    Focker said:
    HeavyG said:
    Focker said:

Oooohh shiney!!

Yes I have.

I've been able to fire it up a few times and have done whole chickens or various chicken parts. Am hoping to do some ribs or pork butts in the next couple of weeks.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Focker
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Focker said:
    HeavyG said:
    Focker said:

Oooohh shiney!!

Yes I have.

I've been able to fire it up a few times and have done whole chickens or various chicken parts. Am hoping to do some ribs or pork butts in the next couple of weeks.
    Nice.  Loading it up with wings during football season will be awesome.  
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Brian Williams returns to NBC.... If you can believe that...
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    All he had to do was compare Obama to Richard Pryor. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    My wife and I had our cars broken into last night. I can't really blame anyone but ourselves. We had family fly in last night from Texas and we were busy hosting them that we forgot to lock our vehicles before going to bed at 1am. I woke up this morning and needed to run to the grocery store to pick up grocery items. When walking up to the truck my glove box was open and papers were scattered everywhere and my sunglasses case was open. (Sunglasses were in the house) Turned around and saw my wife's suv glove box open with her sunglasses case open. Fortunately nothing was taken from my truck. Nothing of value to take. My wife had two pairs of Coach sunglasses in her vehicle. They swiped the fake pair of Coach sunglasses and left the real pair. Suckers! The same thing happened maybe 5 years ago to my wife's car. I think they stole 85 cents in change. Safe neighborhood but someone likes some strange stuff
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,111
    Options
    @WeberWho I hate thieves!  At our old house we had someone break into the garage and steal a bunch of cash from my wife's car and a 5 gallon can of gas.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    @WeberWho - That sucks.  At least nothing of value is gone.  There are a lot of things I can stand but a thief ain't one.  Hope the weekend gets better.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Focker
    edited July 2016
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    My wife and I had our cars broken into last night. I can't really blame anyone but ourselves. We had family fly in last night from Texas and we were busy hosting them that we forgot to lock our vehicles before going to bed at 1am. I woke up this morning and needed to run to the grocery store to pick up grocery items. When walking up to the truck my glove box was open and papers were scattered everywhere and my sunglasses case was open. (Sunglasses were in the house) Turned around and saw my wife's suv glove box open with her sunglasses case open. Fortunately nothing was taken from my truck. Nothing of value to take. My wife had two pairs of Coach sunglasses in her vehicle. They swiped the fake pair of Coach sunglasses and left the real pair. Suckers! The same thing happened maybe 5 years ago to my wife's car. I think they stole 85 cents in change. Safe neighborhood but someone likes some strange stuff
    Sorry to hear of this bud.  Drugs will make people do stupid, desperate, things.  It's getting really bad.  

I too, keep nothing of real value in my trucks, and seldom lock my doors. 

Glad you guys came out ok, with little loss and no damages.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Just finished loading up the RTIC 65 and heading to the lake.  Have a great weekend everyone!!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @WeberWho - That sucks.  At least nothing of value is gone.  There are a lot of things I can stand but a thief ain't one.  Hope the weekend gets better.
    @GATraveller I'd be pretty upset if they would have broken a window or busted my lock. Leaving our vehicles unlocked was just an invitation for them. So I'm thankful he was somewhat respectful for the vehicle. He could have easily ripped out my bluetooth system. I wasn't even going to bother the cops for some $30 sunglasses that went missing. So I called the non-emergency number just to let them know so they can track it if needed. They sent an officer out anyway. Great guy and he mentioned that a few other cars in the surrounding neighborhoods had the same thing happen. Could have been easily avoided if I remembered to lock the vehicles. So I blame myself. I have a fun weekend planned so hopefully just a minor bump in the road. Thanks for the kind words!

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Some **** hit our neighborhood last year. I think the rough count was 20 wallets and 13 pistols. Jerks broke the back glass out even though the doors were unlocked. Sucks man. Sorry. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    13 pistols left in cars overnight on the street or driveway?!
  • HeavyG
    Options
    Focker said:
    HeavyG said:
    Focker said:
    HeavyG said:
    Focker said:

Oooohh shiney!!

Yes I have.

Nice.  Loading it up with wings during football season will be awesome.  
    Yeah...I was going to order a few extra racks when I placed my order so I could max out the wing count. However, he charges $30 each for those which I thought was a little too steep at the time.