Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Do you cover or no cover?

Options
2»

Comments

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    I only cover mine when expecting a multiday storm or hurricane.

There was a thread over on another forum a few months ago where someone was describing how they (frequently) wash/wax their kamados. To my surprise, quite a few more folks chimed in to say that they too would at least occasionally wash/wax their kamados.

I've never even washed/waxed my vehicles with the care they mentioned in their post. I can honestly say that I'll never take a chamois to any of my kamados or other grills. :)
    That reminds me of my father. He buys a brand new pickup every ten years and I don't think he ever washes or vacuums them. He maintains them religiously and gets at least 200,000 out of them. He will take out the trash. And I did see him use a to-go cup to scoop out gravel one time from the floorboards. Makes me laugh.
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • Tackman
    Tackman Posts: 230
    Options
    No cover. Left ot outside all winter long. Still looks as good as the day I bought it.
    Cleveland, Ohio
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    I cover both my XL and my Mini Max as well as the stainless prep table the Mini Max sits on.
    Like was said earlier, I take care of all my stuff.  I'm a bit OCD so everything is wiped down and covered. 
    I take care of the things that take care of me!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    Mine only gets covered with snow !!  Actually this is not mine....where did this pic come from...

I have a similar pic somewhere !!!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• Davec433
    Davec433 Posts: 463
    Options
    I cover mine. Last thing I want is it to get damages because I didn't.
  • gabriegger
    gabriegger Posts: 682
    Options
    No cover.  I wear it as a Halloween costume

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Another reason to cover that I forgot to mention: birds like to perch on the gutter right above my egg, waiting their turn for the bird feeder.