Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tomorrow night (Friday 6/10), Dead & Company is kicking off their summer tour in Charlotte...

Options
northGAcock
northGAcock Posts: 15,164
See you at the show!

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
Run me out in the cold rain and snow

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    I wish Robin!  Have a great time brother!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Oh man that's tempting. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I think everybody has a story about being on the road and the GD. I am no different. My Beautiful Wife and I were in Colorado, finishing a 14K climb and decent, with plans on catching Gary Clark Jr and Tedeschi Truks later that evening at Red Rock.
    We were running late, so we decided to skip going back to the house to get cleaned up, or stop to get something to eat, we figured we would just snack on some trail food we had prepared, and the couple of bottles of wine we did not drink in celebration of surviving the climb.
    We looked gnarly. We were tailgating, I guess coming off the trail, wearing sandles and bandannas, etc., our appearance allowed us to be mistaken as Hippy Gentry, if you will.
    We are sitting on the tailgate having wine watching Denver off in the distance getting framed by a double Rainbow, when a VW micro camping bus pulls up next to us, in a mostly empty parking lot.
    A couple of septegenarins hopped out, heard our GD Playlist going, and acted as if we were part of their long traveling party. 
    They set up, broke out the health food, wine, set up chairs and chatted with us, about how long (35 years) they have been following the Dead.
    They were high as fvc. And they got higher. And higher. They dropped acid and wanted to know if we would join them. We ever so graciously declined, the contact buzz and the wine, was quite enough.
    By the time the show was getting started, they were crisp.
    They thought they were going to see the GD.
    We did not have the heart to tell them otherwise.
    Never complain about our youth.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    Options

What a great picture And story. Thanks for sharing. I will be kicked back on the lawn relaxing and taking in the show.....no dancing, chasing hairy arm pit women or hollosinagenics for me.......... wife is a fan of John Mayer......and will be her secound show after comming off of probation (made me late for a Dylan and the Dead show) 25+  years ago. Should be good, times. 

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options

What a great picture And story. Thanks for sharing. I will be kicked back on the lawn relaxing and taking in the show.....no dancing, chasing hairy arm pit women or hollosinagenics for me.......... wife is a fan of John Mayer......and will be her secound show after comming off of probation (made me late for a Dylan and the Dead show) 25+  years ago. Should be good, times. 
    A great night out with My Beautiful Wife. Glad to see yours survived probation. You will have a great time.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    On a side note, the highwaymen are on pbs tonight. Oh how I wish I could have seen them in person. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    @Jeremiah

Watching them too!

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    edited June 2016
    Options
    My friends and I tailgated/camped at a Wisconsin venue for GD and Dylan around 12 years ago. Our neighbor campers were a 7th grade science teacher and an 8th grade English teacher. We were a little worried that we were going to become a nuisance after cracking beers all day long (under age at the time) and them being teachers and probably not condoning our behavior. Next thing you know these two teachers are decked out in GD gear and are snorting lines off their campers kitchen table. And we were worried about getting rowdy....
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • YouEnjoyMyEgg
    Options
    I was at GD50 in Chicago last year and that was probably my Grateful Dead swan song. Have fun man! Don't eat the brown acid. 
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options
    How was the show? Going in July.. Fenway  B)
  • northGAcock
    Options
    @Phtchris I enjoyed it as always, I had lawn seats so not quite as enguaged as an inside show. It was clear they are expanding their catalog. They opened with one of my favorites "Cold Rain and Snow".  A good time was had by all. Bottom line, you Will be very pleased.

• northGAcock
    Options
    I was at GD50 in Chicago last year and that was probably my Grateful Dead swan song. Have fun man! Don't eat the brown acid. 
    My daughter got married during the Chicago shows. I tried the ol "you will get married many times, but there will be only 3 Fare the Well shows. It didn't go over well.....and I had to be there to give the bride away.

• Phatchris
    Options
    Fenway last night was incredible, would love to go again tonight, but unfortunately not going to happen... John Mayer seems to really be connecting with Weir... Hoping this isn't a one and done tour.
  • northGAcock
    Options
    I have attended two of there shows....and they were outstanding both times. 

• Phatchris
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I have attended two of there shows....and they were outstanding both times. 
    You can stream all of the shows if you have the tunein app, or soundcloud. WMWV radio.

https://m.soundcloud.com/quinfolk/sets/dead-company-7-15-16