Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Tough Day for our Military

Options
Battleborn
Battleborn Posts: 3,359
Yesterday was a tough day for our military. 5 soldiers die in Texas, a Blue Angel pilot dies in a crash and a Thunderbird pilot put his plane down after a fly over. After being in and around naval aviation for eight years, my heart goes out these warriors families. I had read that the Blue Angel pilot put his plane down in the only area safe enough to cause minimal damage to the surrounding area, saving numerous lives. 
It is a great reminder to hold the ones we love close because we never know when it is our time. 
Las Vegas, NV

Comments

• Holepuncher
    Holepuncher Posts: 388
    Options
    This is so weird happening on the same day.
    Hendersonville, TN.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Super sad.  The Texas soldiers and the Blue Angel.  At least the Thunderbird pilot escaped.  Heroes lost.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Navymom
    Navymom Posts: 167
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Yesterday was a sad day for our military, my heart and prayers go out to all those serving and their loved ones. The loss of 3 F18s in a week hits too close to home.
    Wear maroon, live maroon, bleed maroon.
    Fightin' Texas Aggies Fly Navy.
    Denton TX
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Thoughts and prayers for the families and friends who have lost a loved one. 
    Ironic that 4 soldiers were lost to a flash flood in an area that in my understanding has seen drought over the past few years. Think it was @The_CenTex_Smoker that commented and posted pics of reservoirs hundreds of feet below traditional levels. The news coverage of the water in Texas is simply unbelievable. 

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Bad deal at Fort Hood. Now total 9 soldiers died in the flood. Have lived at Fort Hood most of my life when not in Germany (Army Brat). This is not unusual having solders die crossing creeks on post. Just never that many at an accident. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Got a bud (Luke who a few of you know)....his daughter just shipped out to the Mediterranean (final destination) relieving the ship that has been bombing Isis. Has to be a bitter sweet moment. Proud on one hand....concern on the other. Thanks to all who server.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow