Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - NFL Draft 2016. Do You Like What Your Team Did?

Options
I like what the Lions have done.  They added much needed help in the O-Line.  Stafford has been running for his life last season and won't stay healthy without some protection.  The Lions were thin at the D-Line and they addressed that.  No surprise here that the only need they didn't address is a "shut-down" Cornerback they have needed for years.

Flint, Michigan

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Now that Peyton is gone... I have no team.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    henapple said:
    Now that Peyton is gone... I have no team.
    I don't blame you.  Tennessee has not had one player selected this draft.  Nobody on the football team musta graduated, eh?
    Flint, Michigan
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    We got Paxton.  He's gonna be good in a year...big strong kid with a big arm and decent mobility.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    We got Paxton.  He's gonna be good in a year...big strong kid with a big arm and decent mobility.
    That was a great move trading up to take him.  
    Flint, Michigan
  • Dfoshee
    Dfoshee Posts: 191
    Options
    Cowboys had a good draft. Getting Dak in fourth round is a steal
    Lbge. Maverick 733, ss top, 30" fire pit, gas grill, small charcoal grill, electric smoker, 65 qt yeti, 35 qt yeti.
  • clifkincaid
    clifkincaid Posts: 572
    Options
    Seahawks did good! I can't wait for the season to start!
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Curious to see how Christian Hackenburg does with the Jets, I really was hoping the Texans would have taken him. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Eh... this draft wasn't very good, at least nobody really caught my eye.  

Chiefs traded back and ended up doing okay maybe.  We don't have too many big holes to fill.  Don't think we hit it out of the park with anything, but hopefully our 1st pick steps up to fill the 1 of 2 remaining holes on our very good defense.

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    Steelers fan here.... Meh
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Da Bears focused on D, which has been weak.
    Not sure about Floyd?  We'll see.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    Options
    I'm glad the draft is over.  As a Michigan man, I get a rash looking at Urban Meyer smirking whenever another Buckeye gets drafted.  An incredible achievement for the Buckeye program, but irritating nonetheless.
    Flint, Michigan
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Im excited about my 'Skins draft.  Lots of needed depth and role players.  Not sure about any day 1 starters, but at least 3 future starters were drafted.
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Yes I do. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Fart noises
    Options
    I'm pretty happy with the Cowboys pics. Could have been better. But you never know what to expect from crazy Jerry Jones. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    I am so tired of all the tom Brady chants. He cheated. Period. He should be punished. 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    Options
    "He cheated"

m'kay. Thanks
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• Chubbs
    Options
    "He cheated"

m'kay. Thanks
    You are welcome. He deflated the damn ball(s) It's easier to grip, catch, throw in rain or cold. Period. Try it. Or better yet listen to his own friend, Eli Manning, talk about how shocked he was when he thought it was a BS claim then he tried it himself and made a world of difference.  He is the only one who would think to do something so idiotic and think rules don't apply to him. Just play football. Don't know why people have the biggest hard on over the guy. Yes he is a damn good QB and he has a hot wife and plays for an unreal team for a genius of a coach. We all get that. But He **** up and then lied about it so should pay the consequences. 
  • E-ville Egg
    E-ville Egg Posts: 100
    Options
    I'm ashamed to admit it but the Lions are my team. Their first 4 picks were good but not very flashy. I think 3 of the top 4 picks will see considerable time on the field while The C from U of M will cover both guard and center position should anyone get hurt. I think they waited too long to address the QB position. Ruddock is fine but I don't think he has the arm to be anything more than a mid tier backup. The long snapper pick was just puzzling. 
  • ChillyWillis
    ChillyWillis Posts: 893
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    "He cheated"

m'kay. Thanks
    You are welcome. He deflated the damn ball(s) It's easier to grip, catch, throw in rain or cold. Period. Try it. Or better yet listen to his own friend, Eli Manning, talk about how shocked he was when he thought it was a BS claim then he tried it himself and made a world of difference.  He is the only one who would think to do something so idiotic and think rules don't apply to him. Just play football. Don't know why people have the biggest hard on over the guy. Yes he is a damn good QB and he has a hot wife and plays for an unreal team for a genius of a coach. We all get that. But He **** up and then lied about it so should pay the consequences. 
    Yeah.... Who needs things like hard evidence. "He's the only one who would think to do this" is all the proof we need  :|
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    ^^^ apparently one of the appellate judges said the evidence was "compelling if not overwhelming". I'm sure he was looking at more evidence than was provided on Sportscenter. 
  • ChillyWillis
    ChillyWillis Posts: 893
    edited May 2016
    Options
    That was an odd quote, seeing as the facts of the case weren't even being debated in the appellate court, just the labor law issues at hand. 

Also, here is an interesting quote from the judge who wrote the decenting opinion (who also presumably had access to more than evidence provided by sports center):

"(The) commissioner failed to even consider a highly relevant alternative penalty and relied, instead, on an inapt analogy to the League’s steroid policy. This deficiency, especially when viewed in combination with the shifting rationale for Brady’s discipline, leaves me to conclude that the Commissioner’s decision reflected ‘his own brand of industrial justice."

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Rick Spielman seemes to know what he's doing when it comes to the Vikings draft. They say Laquon Treadwell could be the next Dez Bryant. We also picked up a German WR named Moritz Boehringer. He never played college football. Maybe he'll become the Dirk Nowitzki of football. Vikes need some offensive help either way. Hopefully they can contribute in some way. It will be fun to see Boehringer during camp and see if he makes the team.

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    Options
    It's hard to reconcile Brady's four game suspension and others who engage in domestic violence get a slap on the wrist.  See link.  He cheated?  Probably.  But a proportional response is called for.  

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/11849798/outside-lines-most-nfl-players-domestic-violence-cases-never-missed-down
    Flint, Michigan
  • Chubbs
    Options
    It's hard to reconcile Brady's four game suspension and others who engage in domestic violence get a slap on the wrist.  See link.  He cheated?  Probably.  But a proportional response is called for.  

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/11849798/outside-lines-most-nfl-players-domestic-violence-cases-never-missed-down
    Now that I agree with. You should be out a season without pay of not out of NFL for that
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Chubbs said:

Now that I agree with. You should be out a season without pay of not out of NFL for that
    Concur^^^^^^
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DoubleEgger
    edited May 2016
    Options

I agree that domestic violence is a huge issue but it is an off field issue. Cheating is a different issue as it is an on field issue that fundamentally affects the outcome of games. If NFL players get one year suspensions without pay or lifetime bans as some have proposed for domestic violence, why don't we advocate that for all employees regardless of the company they work for? There would be a lot of folks out of work. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Or a lot of people re thinking their actions, which is what is needed when folks see things escalating out of control. This is a Friday nighter OT. No excuses for someone to have to fight for their rights or life in their own home.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky