Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - must try places in Colorado?

Options
bhedges1987
bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
so I'm heading on a ski trip this weekend. Will be staying in Denver Saturday then up to the mountains the following week. Any must try Q joints or any other joints really. After Denver I will be staying in the summit area at copper mountain specifically, so anything up there In the summit area I.e Frisco, vail, breck. 

Thanks 

Kansas City, Missouri
Large Egg
Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

Comments

• scottc454
    scottc454 Posts: 94
    Options
    In Denver, there's Yazoo's or Jabo's.  

The original Yazoo's is some hole in the wall joint downtown. They opened up another one in the south, which is actually not far from Jabo's.  I like Yazoo's because they have kabobs with bacon wrapped chicken with jalapenos - it's something different.  

I don't know of any barbecue in high country that stands out. You might check out Vinny's in Frisco, though. It's two restaurants in one, as the pub side has a different, more downhome,  menu.  

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Just go to a weed dispensary first. All the q will be awesome after that. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Then go get some of these.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• rockymountaineggster
    Options
    Another place south side of Denver is hickory house in Parker.  I've grown up with jabos back when he just set up his trailer smoker in a parking lot and the line was an hour long.  It's good but now that he has an actual store it's just not as good for some reason.  I've had most of the bbq joints in Denver and Hickory House wins hands down.  
    Parker, Colorado
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Then go get some of these.
    ha ha. Nice

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX