Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Wine Press

Options
Hey gang,  I was lucky to pick up this wine press and a grape crusher for an amazing price..  I did a little restoration; fresh paint, light sanding and a mineral oil and beeswax finish on the wood;

Before:

After:

A child can ask questions a wise man can't answer!!!
Canada
Large @ Small BGE 

Comments

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Nice work!
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,538
    Options
    Cool project!  I was gonna hope you didn't finish the inside of the wood staves, but it's a press, not a storage barrel, d'Oh!  
    Do you live near a grape-growing region, or is it primarily a display piece?  

"Tung Oil is derived from the Tung tree, but not from its tongue, but rather its nuts."  - Stumpy Nubs

• Rzeancak
    Rzeancak Posts: 193
    Options
    Botch said:
    Cool project!  I was gonna hope you didn't finish the inside of the wood staves, but it's a press, not a storage barrel, d'Oh!  
    Do you live near a grape-growing region, or is it primarily a display piece?  
    I grow my own grapes I don't produce enough grapes to use.  I i'm planning on making some cider to start.   It's a functional display piece!
    A child can ask questions a wise man can't answer!!!
    Canada
    Large @ Small BGE 

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,870
    Options
    Very cool. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• EastTNBGE
    EastTNBGE Posts: 74
    Options

That is a great piece.  Would look great in any wine room.  Great conversation piece.

East TN- Large BGE, Cyber Q, Kick-Ash-Basket, Smokeware Cap, Anova Sous Vide, Pizza Stones

#BBN

• sctdg
    sctdg Posts: 301
    Options
    Nice press !! Good restore .
    Reminds me of when I lived in the Bronx and the press my Italian grandfather used to use back in the 50's when I would help him make wine . When I was a kid we always were given his wine mixed with seltzer .Had a great wine cellar in the basement of the building .