Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Observation on BGE website

Options
kl8ton
kl8ton Posts: 5,429
I am not sure when it changed, as I don't visit http://biggreenegg.com/ to often, but the main page shows zero pictures of their product.

http://dizzypigbbq.com/ shows one picture with 45-ish eggs.  
Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
Grand Rapids MI

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,351
    Options
    I see BGE has redone their website a bit. Looks nice.

Doesn't bother me that they don't show any pictures of an egg on the front page. I think most folks would be drawn in by all the great looking grub they show there. Implies that "You Too" can make such fine food with one of our Eggs.

If one doesn't already know what an egg looks like the "EGGS" tab readily addresses that.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• stompbox
    stompbox Posts: 729
    Options
    That is odd..... They sell eggs, not food.
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    Options
    I think it's odd too.  I want to see the product before I see what it can do.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    Options
    That is strange.  Food sells for sure - but show it grilling or the egg in the background or something...
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • bgeaddikt
    bgeaddikt Posts: 503
    Options

Very odd

Austin, Tx
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    Options
    I guess we've passed the point where members of society need to see a picture of a big, green, egg to know what a Big Green Egg looks like.  I don't know guys, sounds like a victory to me.  < ducks >
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Well, you made me look... first time I've done that in months. Really.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Doesn't seem that odd to me.  Most people who visit or stumble upon the website are gonna know what a BGE is.  To me it shows the possibilities of the egg instead of Hey! look at our green thingy.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Holepuncher
    Holepuncher Posts: 388
    Options
    I think when you sell, you must sell the benefits.
    Hendersonville, TN.