Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cracked Firebox....warranty?

Options

Hola Ladies and Gents,

Just lit my egg and noticed a nice crack in the firebox.  Is the firebox covered under warranty?

The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.

Comments

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    The ceramics carry a lifetime warranty.  Contact your dealer with pictures.
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    yep. Lifetime if you bought it new from a dealer

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Thanks guys.  I bought my egg 12 years ago and the dealer has since gone out of business, but I do have my receipt. 
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Thanks guys.  I bought my egg 12 years ago and the dealer has since gone out of business, but I do have my receipt. 
    Take the receipt and pictures to a local dealer, they should fix you up.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker