Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New home for Mini and Minimax

Options
I needed a better place for these guys and somewhere to keep all the gear for 3 Eggs, Blackstone Griddle and my gasser.
We will see how it plays out.

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
BGE Chiminea
Prosper, TX

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Very nice. Handy as he**. 
  • slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options
    Did you buy or build? That's a really nice setup 
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    Dang hotch!   that's awesome I really like it. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    slovelad said:
    Did you buy or build? That's a really nice setup 
    Picked it up from SAMs Club.
    not to bad to assemble.
    I like all the drawers for storage.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Very nice!
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Awesome brother!!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Hotch
    Which do you like the best, the mini or the max?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Hotch I have looked at that for a year now for the same reason as you. What did you put in the drawers as a liner? I went this open one from Sam's a few years ago and think about the one you bought every time I see it. Will the Adj Rigs and extra grids for the Large fit in the drawers? Do you think the gas will fit in the large middle area?

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Hotch
    edited November 2015
    Options
    @Mickey It comes with drawer liners. I have a 18" grid in one drawer, it just fits. Take a look at the pics. If you like , next time you guys come up stop by and take a look.
    I have a Woo and had Tom create a second level sliding grid for me last year, so I can't speak on the adjustable rig. But there are peg boards at each end. I am sure you could get something to hang it on.

It has the one deep drawer, 3 medium and the rest are small.

BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Hotch
    Options
    SGH said:
    @Hotch
    Which do you like the best, the mini or the max?
    I just got the MiniMax last week and had no room for it. So that was the nudge to get the rolling work bench/cart. The Mini has always been my go to when cooking for Shelly and I. That said I am eggcited to get the "Mighty Max" in the rotation. I think I will probably use them both at the same time quite a bit. That way I can save time when we cook more than one item or protein. 
    One item to note on the rolling cart, it comes with 2 fixed and 2 swivel/locking casters. I much prefer all to be swivel, like my SnapOn boxes, so I will contact Seville and replace the 2 fixed with swivel. Just makes it easier to pull directly  away from the wall.
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Hotch
    Options
    @Mickey Take a look. These are at both ends.

BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Mickey
    Options
    Got it home. Now what!

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Options
    Can't find your number. Please call me:

• clweed
    clweed Posts: 70
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Cant beat the price, what is the pegboard made of ?
  • Hotch
    Options
    clweed said:
    Cant beat the price, what is the pegboard made of ?
    The pegboard is the same metal as the rest of the frame, nice set up...I think it is going to work well.
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Chillin@5
    Options
    I like that! I have had my MM for about 1 month and like it way more than I thought I would. 
    1 XL , 1 LBGE , 1MM a very tolerant hubby and 2 hungry teenage boys with a lot of friends. I Love playin' with charcoal and sippin' Bourbon in Fenton, MI. Live Large!
  • Mickey
    Options
    This is not a 30 min job. 

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    @Mickey - don't drop any of that on your leg!

I bought one of those for my garage, and have been wondering about having one outside for the eggdom. My area isnt covered though, so I think water would get into the drawers and cabinet. I'm loving all the drawers though. I need more drawers in my life.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Hotch
    Options
    @Mickey Ok how about the finished picture?
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    That's a good price. I was thinking at least 600 or a little more. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Mickey
    Options
    Hotch said:
    @Mickey Ok how about the finished picture?

• Mickey
    Options
    1000 little friggin screws. 

• Hotch
    Options
    Mickey said:
    1000 little friggin screws. 

@Mickey Looking good there Mickey. Yes and save the extra screws. You never know if you may need them later on.

And here is the link for the other 2 swivel casters I told you about.

https://www.sevilleclassics.com/ultraHD_swivel_wheels_with_brakes

BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Nice looking table.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Mickey
    Options

• Hotch
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Looks great my friend. And I'm sure Linda approves?
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Hotch
    Options
    Damn I have that same timer! 
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Options
    Nice setup, that an Eggomopolis
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Great setup... Looks nice!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I want one, maybe should of kept this