Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whole Packer Brisket for Halloween Night

Options
Had a bunch of family over this weekend.  My brother took his 3 kids to our place for a birthday / Halloween party.  They stayed a couple nights, along with my parents.  Got up super early (around 4:30ish) and started on the brisket.

After getting the beef nice and cozy in the Large, I took a quick trip to Krispy Kreme to pick up a couple dozen doughnuts for breakfast.  

Ooooh mamacita!  :flushed: 

Then had a nice day with the kiddos while the brisket cooked.  Had brisket flat, burnt ends, Mac n Cheese, corn on the cob, and fried okra.  Fried the okra on the Mini.  Finished the evening with trick or treating and a campfire.  Good times.  :)

Whole packer still intact:

Point back on:

Brisket Flat all sliced up and lookin' pretty (not @cazzy worthy, but decent for this SC boy) =)

Burnt Ends

Fried Okra on the Mini

And the best part... Quality time with the family.  

Comments

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    very nice - all of it.  Great smoke ring, and thanks for tweaking my sweet tooth with the KK.
    Phoenix 
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Looks like a blast. Brisket looks great. I had brisket chili tonight. Good eats
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,796
    Options
    What a awesome cook. Everything looks spectacular. The Thunder Gods are smiling down from above my friend. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    Options
    Awesome looking cook, tasty, tasty stuff right there I'm sure.
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Great day and great food. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,072
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    Looks like a blast. Brisket looks great. I had brisket chili tonight. Good eats
    Thx guys!  @Chubbs , leftover brisket chili is in store for us this week too.  :)
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    Fine looking brisket! I'm sure it was a hit with everyone.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    I'd tear that **** up without even batting an eye.  Great looking spread man.  Love fried okra...need to try that sometime!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,166
    Options
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow