Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I must be nuts- the vintage kamado resto

Options
13»

Comments

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Stalled at the moment. Waiting on that patch stuff to arrive. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • apinion
    apinion Posts: 470
    Options
    bump.
    Louisianian by birth, Louisianian by death. Austinite for now...
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    This thread is indicative of the quality of folk we have on this forum. Have fun and good luck, going forward with this project. Please keep posting with updates.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    @RRP A man of his word. Thanks Ron!
    Indeed he is. Ron sent me enough Rutland to go around the daisy of my mini to take up the slack that was in it. Mighty kind of him to say the least. I haven't forgotten this kind gesture and will certainly return the favor in kind some day.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• apinion
    Options
    Bump.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    lady bump
    Options
    Still stalled, as other projects needed finished first. I promise I'll update this once I get back to it. 
  • apinion
    Options
    I was just wanting to see some progress with the refractory cement.  I inherited a busted up, new mini. Castable refractory cement came in today.  I plan on knocking it out soon and was hoping to see you pave the way. :-)

• anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    Options
    This brings me back to childhood, my father, an international airline pilot, used to have this type at his house in Japan, and here in the states, great project dude!
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • bo31210
    bo31210 Posts: 715
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Great. So I have a Chinese egg? Lol. Seriously thanks for the investigation. 

On on a side note,
    i went by fireside in Augusta today. He has one identical to mine but a large. Same markings and all. Big green egg has dropped him because he's selling joes and promos. All he had left was a medium fire ring. I didn't need to spend the cash today but hated that he spent he time to dig it out, one less
    thing to buy I guess. Lol
    I have heard the Ga distributor is doing this with their dealers.   The interesting thing is the distributor has opened a retail store right next door to their warehouse in Macon.  I mean really?
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Bump
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @Jeremiah it’s been 2 years. I think it’s time to call Bruce. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• jimdgreat1
    jimdgreat1 Posts: 175
    Options
    Threads like this have me searching craigslist for kamado. Having an old one would be very cool.

XLBGE - LBGE - Charbroil gasgrill

Wichita Kansas

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Still stalled, as other projects needed finished first. I promise I'll update this once I get back to it. 
    Are you still missing parts?
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    Threads like this have me searching craigslist for kamado. Having an old one would be very cool.
    You might be in luck. @Jeremiah has been on a “getting rid of sh!t” kick for a little while now. 
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Don’t know where you are but you’re more than welcome to come and take over my project. It’s been shelved for some time now.