Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Two Big Dogs and Pork

Cornfed
Cornfed Posts: 1,324
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm still working through my Two Big Dogs sauces from Eggfest and am enjoying the results. Last week, I thought it worked well on wings and thighs as a replacement for my usual buffalo wing sauce for those. The spicy chipotle bite was a nice complement.[p]Yesterday, I got out of work a little early and decided to throw on some baby backs for a change from my usual pork spares. Did these indirect for 3.5 hours rubbed with a combo of Slabs rub and Turbinado sugar. Then I sauced them with Sweet Baby Rays, raised the cooking temps a bit, then did them for an additional 1 hour and 15 minutes. These were nice and sweet like I like them, but I then dipped in Two Big Dogs every now and again for a nice contrast. I think I still like sweeter sauces better on ribs than something like this one, but this was a perfect occasional dipping sauce to complement the sweet.[p]Tonight, I have some thick cut pork chops going with the sear then roast method. These are also seasoned with Slabs and will be served (to me, by me) with some more Two Big Dogs.[p]I'm really liking this stuff. Good work, JimW & Co!
Cornfed

Comments