Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Umpqua Community College

Options
2»

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Oregon Shooter Described as an Isolated Weirdo Who Hated Organized Religion

Oregon Shooter Described as an Isolated Weirdo Who Hated Organized Religion

That's his dating profile from this site(Well, I guess it was his dating profile)
  • jimreed777
    Options
    http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2015/10/01/oregon-community-college-shooting-pre-planned-act-of-jihad-warning-posted-yesterday/

Dismiss the source if you so choose. I want to see more concrete evidence before I call this terrorism...but it looks like there is smoke.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited October 2015
    Options
    You're not going to legislate a solution like Washington wants you to believe.  It's a mental health/morality issue.
    The mental health part is debatable.  
    I agree with you and don't think mental health is applicable to this case (other than to say anyone who would do something like this is a nut).  From what I can tell so far this guy is a radical muslim/muslim sympathizing terrorist who feels like Christians are his/their enemy.  I'm afraid this will be the new norm here in the US as well as Europe and the rest of the world due to the current Jihad.  It will never be a "live and let live" situation for these radicals.  Attacks like these are not a gun control issue because it has nothing to do with guns.....just like 9/11 or the Boston Marathon bombing.  These are people who want to kill us based solely on who we are and will employ any/all means necessary to accomplish these twisted ideals.  I think the POTUS was remiss in his speech last night to address it as an issue of gun control and not the terrorist attack that it really was.      
    Huh?

The dude's verified profile states that he "dislikes organized religion", is "non-religious yet spiritual" and prefers Paganism/Wiccan if anything.

If anything, dude was a witch, not a jihadist.
    The article I read said otherwise (no it was not Fox News).  If it was wrong then I stand corrected.  If so - sorry but his actions don't line up with any "spiritual" beliefs I know of outside radical Islam.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2015/10/01/oregon-community-college-shooting-pre-planned-act-of-jihad-warning-posted-yesterday/

Dismiss the source if you so choose. I want to see more concrete evidence before I call this terrorism...but it looks like there is smoke.
    No need to dismiss the source. There is nothing "concrete" about the loose associations there. I love this:

However, WARNING – this profile looks to be recently constructed and may be a spoof by the 4Chan website people who are trolling the storyline, angry about the media pointing fingers at the prior story on their site: ( The profile appears edited post death – SEE HERE   So don’t necessarily trust the content

If you click the link, it"s the Wayback Machine, which explicitly states this:

Note

This calendar view maps the number of times http://spiritualpassions.com/seeme/ironcross45.html was crawled by the Wayback Machine, not how many times the site was actually updated. More info in the FAQ.

It was crawled 10 times today because there has been more web traffic to that site and other sites are linking to it. That's essentially how the Wayback Machine works. That page hasn't been accessed in more than 3 months as stated on the profile page. Similar to how the forum here shows when you last accessed it on your profile page.

• SoMdEggHead
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Tragic loss of innocent life, tragic.  Too sad there wasn't a good guy with a gun in the room, religious or atheist, good guy with a gun was lacking.  So sad.
    ... Gun Free Zone, The Law Abiding Citizen didn't have a chance. 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Tragic loss of innocent life, tragic.  Too sad there wasn't a good guy with a gun in the room, religious or atheist, good guy with a gun was lacking.  So sad.
    I think about that everyday at work as I pass by the sign that says "No Weapons Beyond This Point".
    Flint, Michigan
  • GATraveller
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    I think about that everyday at work as I pass by the sign that says "No Weapons Beyond This Point".
    I'd say those are the people they'd go after first.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    Fish in a barrel. 

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• Eggcelsior
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Students can CC with permission from the School Administration. Employees can't. 

Here are 2 videos of a student who carries. The political bent in each one is quite apparent.

https://youtu.be/bK-Ht57AdBA

https://youtu.be/b2I93N6H_eM

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    You're not going to legislate a solution like Washington wants you to believe.  It's a mental health/morality issue.
    I agree with you and don't think mental health is applicable to this case (other than to say anyone who would do something like this is a nut).  From what I can tell so far this guy is a radical muslim/muslim sympathizing terrorist who feels like Christians are his/their enemy.  I'm afraid this will be the new norm here in the US as well as Europe and the rest of the world due to the current Jihad.  It will never be a "live and let live" situation for these radicals.  Attacks like these are not a gun control issue because it has nothing to do with guns.....just like 9/11 or the Boston Marathon bombing.  These are people who want to kill us based solely on who we are and will employ any/all means necessary to accomplish these twisted ideals.  I think the POTUS was remiss in his speech last night to address it as an issue of gun control and not the terrorist attack that it really was.      
    Huh?

The dude's verified profile states that he "dislikes organized religion", is "non-religious yet spiritual" and prefers Paganism/Wiccan if anything.

The article I read said otherwise (no it was not Fox News).  If it was wrong then I stand corrected.  If so - sorry but his actions don't line up with any "spiritual" beliefs I know of outside radical Islam.
    You don't really know much about history do you?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• GATraveller
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Huh?

You don't really know much about history do you?
    I know you have a history of being a douche.

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited October 2015
    Options

Paraphrasing Al,

Indifference:  Doing nothing over and over again and expecting different results.

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns