Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How many bags of lump in your stash!

Options
124»

Comments

• jrog74
    Options
    I am in Dyersburg TN. About 1.5 hours north of Memphis. 
  • LDR
    LDR Posts: 414
    Options
    Still a bit over 200# of OO.  It's all I've ever used.  And yes, it's out of sight behind a locked door.
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    Zero. Nada. Bagel. ... I'm hoping for a Fogo price drop...
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    2 x Rockwood
    1 x BGE
    8 x Carbon del Sur
    My beautiful wife knows I am CDO. I have another 20 x Rockwood on its way. I am leaving it packed on the pallet for the move.
    Broke my news to the neighbors about the move, they are demanding I leave the BGEs.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • AaronH
    AaronH Posts: 145
    Options
    I would order rockwood from firecraft, it's cheaper than BGE stuff
    XLBGE /MiniBGE / Maverick 733 x 2/ Woo2 / CGS 17.5 Stone

North Carolina land
  • jimithing
    Options
    Here's a pic from the good ole days when we had reserves.

Now it comes in from the plant and leaves in a few days.  Here's an order that left Tuesday for Ace in TX.

@stlcharcoal  Uh, what?  Ace in TX?  As in Ace Hardware?  The only dealer showing on your website is Ceramic Grill Store in Denton.  Can you share more info about which Ace?  If there's someplace closer to my house I'd like to know about it :)

XL BGE
    Plano, TX
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    Sounds like someone has an itch for some Rockwood!!!!

I agree, one of those pallets would look really good in my garage!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• stlcharcoal
    Options
    jimithing said:
    @stlcharcoal  Uh, what?  Ace in TX?  As in Ace Hardware?  The only dealer showing on your website is Ceramic Grill Store in Denton.  Can you share more info about which Ace?  If there's someplace closer to my house I'd like to know about it :)

Stay tuned.....there will be an announcement next week.  :wink: 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    jimithing said:

Stay tuned.....there will be an announcement next week.  :wink: 
    Any distribution in Colorado? Please say yes.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bob.bud
    bob.bud Posts: 297
    Options
    $28 and change when I buy Rockwood from local BBQ and Fireplace store, $21 and change from Firecraft. Buy over $100 and no shipping is charged. No brainer to buy from Firecraft, but nice to know that I have a local back-up plan. 
    Bloomfield Hills, MI | LGBE : AR R & B Oval Combo w/Extender and Sliding D Grid : Kick Ash Basket : Smokeware Cap : Smobot Beta
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Options

I bought when RO was $5/ bag and got 60 bags. It will last until next spring when Menards has it on sale again.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• platypusrex
    Options
    12.5 bags of Ozark Oak, thanks to the forum I stocked up when word came out that it was going away.
    LBGE, platesetter, Stoker wifi, StokerX Mac software, Pit Pal for iOS, @HerringBigEgg on Twitter, joined forum in 2008
    Austin, TX
  • HokieEgg
    Options
    I just made a run to Fishers Ace to stock up. 8 bags of RW and I picked up a bag of Wicked Good Weekend Warrior to try.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    THEBuckeye said:mm
    Questions for all you 100 plus pounders:

Do you also own a generator to keep the freezer going when the sh*t comes down and you need all that lump?
    I do. Two things will run off my gen at a minimum. My frig/ frez and my electric blanket (winter).
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Knew that brother @northGAcock!  Strong work!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Mosca
    Mosca Posts: 456
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I have about a bag of Wegman's brand, which is rumored to be Royal Oak. Since it is available year round at $6.99 for 10lbs, I don't bother stockpiling it. I keep enough on hand for a couple cooks, and pick some up the next time I'm at the supermarket.
  • ads75
    ads75 Posts: 391
    Options
    I have around 80# of Hasty Bake. When I get down to 40# of lump, I usually order at least 100# from Firecraft (or some from Amazon).
    Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA