Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BIB Cook for tonight, Crab legs for today

Options
YukonRon
YukonRon Posts: 16,989
edited September 2015 in EggHead Forum
Brining a Bone-in Butt for a low and slow. Will be smoking with peach for the duration. Will use my own rub.
I will use a peach preserve glaze.
I had this at a party at a friends house, it was awesome. Report results when done. 
Meanwhile crab legs with roasted garlic butter, and a 2013 Caneros Chardonnay. Picked a couple of French Rosè wines that are extremely impressive with smoked pulled pork.
should be a real fine weekend.
"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
Louisville, Kentucky

Comments

• YukonRon
    Options

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    Sounds great to me. Enjoy it!
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Second batch and refillDoes not suck.
    Watching Northwestern/Stanford Game.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    Ok now I'm jealous I don't have crab legs or a good glass of wine.... Guess it's time to head to the store...
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Our Costco had a special, we loaded up. I recommend this any time you get the chance. Go now thou shalt not dally!

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Butts going on

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    I just posted one. Just came off. I want to hear more about your rub
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Jstroke said:
    I just posted one. Just came off. I want to hear more about your rub
    I roast my own garlic then grind it, it is about 30% of the mixture. I use pickling salt, about 5%, dehydrated Vidalia onion 20%, pecan smoked paprika10%, coarse ground black pepper 10%, 5% cayenne, 15% brown sugar, 5% oregano. Lot of work, but works very well.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Meeeshigan22
    Options
    Nice, the boy and I knocked out 4 lbs of crab legs and claws in about 10 min tonight. 

Highland, MI

L BGE, Primo, and a KJ Jr
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Nice, the boy and I knocked out 4 lbs of crab legs and claws in about 10 min tonight. 

Nice plate!

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    11:00 PM

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • PASmoke
    PASmoke Posts: 279
    Options
    @YukonRon - King crab legs and Chardonnay is one of my favorite meals on Earth! A nice round, oaked Chardonnay to stand up to the decadence of the crab legs. You should also try a White from Northern Rhone sometime with seafood......mmmmm, mouth watering!
    Also....could not agree with you more on Rose and pulled pork....especially a Rose of Pinot that has lower acid and more depth....again, fantastic....especially when the weather is still warm.
    Nice post my friend! 
    Atlanta, GA - Large BGE x 2

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
     Officially jealous. Yum. Hope you are a wildcat fan or your nice meal might have had a bitter end? Cheers!
  • YukonRon
    Options
    PASmoke said:
    @YukonRon - King crab legs and Chardonnay is one of my favorite meals on Earth! A nice round, oaked Chardonnay to stand up to the decadence of the crab legs. You should also try a White from Northern Rhone sometime with seafood......mmmmm, mouth watering!
    Also....could not agree with you more on Rose and pulled pork....especially a Rose of Pinot that has lower acid and more depth....again, fantastic....especially when the weather is still warm.
    Nice post my friend! 
    Northern Rhone whites are indeed killer, I have a couple in the cellar. We also have delicious whites from Burgundy, that I highly recommend.
    The Rosé we will be drinking is Burgundy in origin , Pinot noir, and Gamay, full body, rounded fruit forward, clean smooth finish.

Apologies for the repeat images, I fat fingered something.

11:00 PM

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
     Officially jealous. Yum. Hope you are a wildcat fan or your nice meal might have had a bitter end? Cheers!
    The UK football Wildcats have a way of ripping my heart out of my chest, taking a bite out of it in front of me, and spitting it on the floor.
    4 wins at best, will be a miracle, this long and dreary season. No defense, no QB.
    at least I got the BGEs to look forward to.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    PASmoke said:
    Nice post my friend! 
    @PASmokeGong through my cellar and found a 2014 Rosé from the Tavel area of the southern Rhone. Blends from the southern Rhone are my faves. This has Grenache, Syrah, Cinsault and Clairette. I am thinking this will go with just about any BBQ I could make.
    Château D' Aqueria, Tavel, France.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    12.5 hours in; Dome 250, pit steady all night at 225, BIB IT 183F. Stalled now since 0600.
    made slaw, potato salad and deviled eggs. Will serve with Crusty French baguettes as garlic toast, to those high brows that won't eat my cheap white bread hamburger buns with the Q.
    I plan on infusing peach preserves, from what we just put up, into a BBQ saice I had made and canned. We will see how that works out.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    13.5 hours in, coming out of the stall, I think up 3 degrees in the last hour. Targeting 195F IT. The smell of this pork butt coming from the XL, is nothing less than Devine! My neighbors are all standing around wanting to see it. Trying to keep them out of the wine cellar. No luck.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky