Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Since I refuse to post to that "other thread" which is dividing this forum!

Options
2»

Comments

• bbqlearner
    Options
    I know @eggcelsior just wanted to make sure everyone got it so thread like that won't get started again.

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I know @eggcelsior just wanted to make sure everyone got it so thread like that won't get started again.
    No worries. I was around 400 post behind on the "lighthearted entertainment" thread and it disappeared when I hit page 17 around 5 minutes ago, so I came right over here and posted the Pulp Fiction pun. That wasn't directed at you.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,492
    Options
    Yeah, I only got about five pages into it, that was enough.  :confounded: 

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• bbqlearner
    Options
    Glad you kept up with all of us  =)

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I can't relate to the other thread.....as I chose never to open / post to it. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Dondgc
    Dondgc Posts: 709
    Options
    I can't relate to the other thread.....as I chose never to open / post to it. 
    A wise individual :)
    New Orleans LA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,123
    Options
    Not just sunk, but nuked.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • GATraveller
    Options
    I enjoy having a thread like that one every now and again. No animosity here. Just shows the love of good Q knows no boundaries. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,351
    Options
    Dondgc said:
    HeavyG said:

Those sort of threads don't bother me, threaten me, or offend me.

I'm free to read them or not read them, to jump in or to stay out - my choice.

Some folks enjoy a good scrum. Some don't. It's all good.

I can't agree that "it's all good" when people feel they have the right to bash the faith of others on a food forum.  Not looking to take this thread off-track, but I am not going to sit by and agree that "it's all good."  It isn't. 
    "It's all good" that people have a choice to read or not read what they want. 

If you don't like what will likely be going on behind door #3 don't open door #3. Nobody is going to force you to open door #3.

But it appears that the powers that be have not just closed the thread but deleted the whole shebang so it's as if door #3 even existed. :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I don't know why we can't merely discuss egging. Some of these threads are disgusting. I read through 43 pages of that toxic mess Devastated just to see how low people can be.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    henapple said:
    I don't know why we can't merely discuss egging. Some of these threads are disgusting. I read through 43 pages of that toxic mess Devastated just to see how low people can be.
    you read "ALL" of it =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    edited September 2015
    Options
      Couldn't be "all of it" with only 43 pages-the thread was over 100 pages when it was designated for the deep.  But it did take many a devastated and deviated turn during its run for glory.  ;)
    Edit:  this thread is sinking under the mods weight.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Dondgc
    Options

HeavyG said:
    Dondgc said:
    HeavyG said:

I can't agree that "it's all good" when people feel they have the right to bash the faith of others on a food forum.  Not looking to take this thread off-track, but I am not going to sit by and agree that "it's all good."  It isn't. 

If you don't like what will likely be going on behind door #3 don't open door #3. Nobody is going to force you to open door #3.

But it appears that the powers that be have not just closed the thread but deleted the whole shebang so it's as if door #3 even existed. :)
    So it's "all good" for forum members to post whatever insulting garbage they want? Its "all good" to personally insult other forum members in threads? It's "all good" to claim that "all religious people are crazy"?

I just want to make sure that is actually what you are saying...

New Orleans LA
  • Dondgc
    Options
    you might be missing the point that alot of these people are friends offline as well and some are just stirring up trouble by trolling and baiting.  there are not many here that would not sit down and have a beer with pretty much any member here and just laugh about it
    Yeah I'm definitely missing that point. And no, I don't think I will be sharing a beer and laughing about it.  Insulting people isn't funny. Except, apparently, here.
    New Orleans LA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    seems one or some of the trolls got to you, thats what they do
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Dondgc said:
    you might be missing the point that alot of these people are friends offline as well and some are just stirring up trouble by trolling and baiting.  there are not many here that would not sit down and have a beer with pretty much any member here and just laugh about it
    Yeah I'm definitely missing that point. And no, I don't think I will be sharing a beer and laughing about it.  Insulting people isn't funny. Except, apparently, here.
    Another point made by @HeavyG - that maybe you're missing is " . . . that people have a choice to read or not read what they want." :)

THAT, IMO, is the key to 'net happiness.

Or you can stay salty, if that's your wont.  You have the right, of course.
      :)

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• Dondgc
    Options
    @Sardonicus - I know your comments were not intended to cause conflict, and mine are made in the same spirit. 

My point is this - if people on this forum choose to make blanket attacks on those here who are people of faith, it's not acceptable.  Whether I read it, or you read it, or no one reads it, its not acceptable.  Just like a blanket attack on any other group of people wouldn't be acceptable. 

So I am sorry that I can't just say, "it's all good." Because it isn't.

I don't attack atheists - I don't even mention my faith or anyone else's on this forum.  So why is it acceptable for atheists to attack and ridicule me?  If I don't read it it didn't happen?

New Orleans LA
  • Sardonicus
    Options
    Okay, @Dondgc
    I hear ya.

Be well, be happy!

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• Dondgc
    Options
    @Sardonicus - and you as well :)
    New Orleans LA
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Dondgc said:
    @Sardonicus - I know your comments were not intended to cause conflict, and mine are made in the same spirit. 

My point is this - if people on this forum choose to make blanket attacks on those here who are people of faith, it's not acceptable.  Whether I read it, or you read it, or no one reads it, its not acceptable.  Just like a blanket attack on any other group of people wouldn't be acceptable. 

I don't attack atheists - I don't even mention my faith or anyone else's on this forum.  So why is it acceptable for atheists to attack and ridicule me?  If I don't read it it didn't happen?

Weren't you the one that asked me if my statement about the crazy religious people meant all religious people are crazy and that's was calling you crazy? If it wasn't you my bad but I am pretty sure it was. To me you seem like the person that was instigating and grasping at straws when I was clearly stating the few nutty ones make religion look bad. 
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    http://www.dnj.com/story/news/2015/09/02/loupe-family-awaits-brain-scan-results-spokesman-says/71586574/

Young man died today. 15 years old. His father passed away last year. This Internet crap is 1st world problems. There are some actual issues in real life. 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,351
    Options
    Dondgc said:

HeavyG said:
    Dondgc said:
    HeavyG said:

So it's "all good" for forum members to post whatever insulting garbage they want? Its "all good" to personally insult other forum members in threads? It's "all good" to claim that "all religious people are crazy"?

I just want to make sure that is actually what you are saying...

It was pretty obvious to even a noob like me that almost all of the "usual suspects" in these type of threads here do seem to genuinely like each other (or like each other "enough" :)) and many of them know each other in real life.

It's just some folks trash talking, venting, letting off steam.

I get that some people don't like that sort of thing and don't wish to participate in that and the beauty of it is THEY DON"T HAVE TO.

Just walking up to a random stranger and hurling insults at them is not a cool thing to do but that is not what was happening. In those sort of threads folks voluntarily agree to "step into the Octagon". Or not. Their choice.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Dondgc
    Options
    The comment was most certainly made - n
    Lit said:
    Dondgc said:

Weren't you the one that asked me if my statement about the crazy religious people meant all religious people are crazy and that's was calling you crazy? If it wasn't you my bad but I am pretty sure it was. To me you seem like the person that was instigating and grasping at straws when I was clearly stating the few nutty ones make religion look bad. 
    So you have no factual recollection of the conversation - as your assumptions are wrong - but you feel free to accuse me of being the instigator?

New Orleans LA
  • Sardonicus
    edited September 2015
    Options

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited September 2015
    Options
    @Dondgc,
    There are several Focktards here that spew cowardly hate, taking cheapshots at the freedom of religion, of others.  Take travisstrick for one example.

These same individuals hang around here every, single, day.  Never post cooks, but act like know-it-alls.  When in reality, they don't know jack....  

Personally, I enjoy a good debate.  Always have.  And also enjoy, challenging my own faith. People here should be smart enough, and strong enough, to know better than to cold **** and peter roll someone, then kick them when they're already down............but they're not.

This kind of stuff seldom, if ever, went down the years I hung around at greeneggers.  And there were many intelligent and unique personalities, cultures, religions, etc. 

The dumbing down of the old BGE site, to this one, is quite sad. 
    I remember when this was a much more classier place. 

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• travisstrick
    Options
    Focker, I've never taken a cheap shot at freedom of religion. I firmly believe you should be able to believe whatever you want. But everyone else has the freedom to ridicule you for said beliefs. Freedom cuts both ways. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    I know.
    Why stoop to that level?

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."