Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ultimate Tailgating Hot Rod

Options
saluki2007
saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
edited August 2015 in EggHead Forum
Went to a street fest Saturday that included a car show.  There were a couple of really neat classic cars and some cars there I wondered why they were there.  However, there was one car that really stood out to me.  I'll let the pictures do the talking.

Large and Small BGE
Central, IL

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    edited August 2015
    Options
    That's one crazy car! It looks like an old Camaro with Ferrari fins topped off with a Corvair front clip. Weird. I do dig the stainless egg though 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    That thing rocks! Throw a couple of taters wrapped in foil on the exhaust while driving to the event. Seems the exhaust could preheat the egg ceramics some also.
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,118
    Options
    That thing is awesome!  Don't fully understand the mechanical layout, but I like it.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • saluki2007
    Options
    WeberWho? said:
    That's one crazy car! It looks like an old Camaro with Ferrari Fins topped off with a Corvair front clip. Weird. I do dig the stainless egg though 
    I don't remember what year he said it was, but it is a Corvair.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• saluki2007
    Options

CTMike said:
    That thing rocks! Throw a couple of taters wrapped in foil on the exhaust while driving to the event. Seems the exhaust could preheat the egg ceramics some also.
    He said he put his German potato salad on it on the way over to keep it warm.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• saluki2007
    Options

That thing is awesome!  Don't fully understand the mechanical layout, but I like it.
    If you look at the last picture, you can see what looks like a heat shield.  That is actually what the egg lays on when it all tucked away.  If you look closely you can see spring and that the plate all move.  He lays the egg backwards to get it inside.

Also, if you look in the 2nd and 3rd picture, the tall steel cylinder is a blender.  You can either hand crank it or use the motorcycle ignition crank it's hooked up to.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    I try to get to most shows around here, but I missed that one -by the traffic horses I see it must have been in Mackinaw. Where was this guy from as I have never seen it across the river! By the looks of that gasket was the egg being used or just for show?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • saluki2007
    Options
    RRP said:
    I try to get to most shows around here, but I missed that one -by the traffic horses I see it must have been in Mackinaw. Where was this guy from as I have never seen it across the river! By the looks of that gasket was the egg being used or just for show?
    It indeed was in Mackinaw.  He lives in Washington, but said he goes to shows all over the Midwest.  He does use the egg.  He had some brats that night.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    Options
    That is  sweeet drive and dine
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    i like the bolt action on the band to lock it closed for transport. much easier than trying to do that with straps
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    He is in Washington Il?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • midwestsmoker
    Options
    I'm peanut butter & jealous
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

I'm fairly certain I would like this guy.  Very cool, and thanks for posting.

Phoenix 
  • saluki2007
    Options
    He is in Washington Il?
    Yes.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• saluki2007
    Options
    Yup, that's it.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Without a doubt, the nicest Corvair I've ever seen.  
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    He is in Washington Il?
    Yes.
    Very cool. I will keep my eye out for it.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    He is in Washington Il?
    Yes.
    As clean and perfect as that is I bet it is probably a trailer queen or at least not a daily driver!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • LetsEat
    LetsEat Posts: 458
    Options
    Just when you think you've seen it all....
    IL 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited August 2015
    Options
    LetsEat said:
    Just when you think you've seen it all....

I said that to myself yesterday, when I saw an uncured sliced loin pic, plated with steamed broccoli and cauliflower.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Insane Cool Points!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • saluki2007
    Options
    RRP said:
    He is in Washington Il?
    Yes.
    As clean and perfect as that is I bet it is probably a trailer queen or at least not a daily driver!
    It's definetly not a daily driver but it's also not a trailor queen. Drives it to a show in Green Bay and Miluakee every year. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    That's a very, very nice rig right there. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.