Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Couldn't find ribs so went with thick steaks

Options
Well I was going to attempt to keep up with Mr. Hap but couldn't find ribs so got some big strips and going to roll with that tonight.  
I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I like how you think my friend. No ribs, no problem, just grab some steak instead. I'm tempted to give this the seal of approval on your train of thought alone. Will be standing by for the finale. And for the record, you can never go wrong with steak my friend.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Enjoying the hickory smoke
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • SGH
    Options
    Looking good brother.  

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Scottborasjr
    Options
    Sweet corn getting happy
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    Ready for the sear 
  • SGH
    Options
    Still standing by with fork in hand. 

Status- Standing by.

• Scottborasjr
    Options
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    Crust is unreal plated shot coming
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    Potato corn and big steak 
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    Thanks Mr. Hap
  • SGH
    Options
    Fine looking plate of grub right there. Awesome job brother :clap: 

Status- Standing by.

• Scottborasjr
    Options
    Thank you gentleman
  • rosco
    rosco Posts: 48
    Options
    Looking a little crispy.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Great looking meal. The crust on the steak looks awesome. What did you put on it?

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Whoop whoop. Not a single thing to improve on. Simply perfect. As above, what was the marinade and rub? 
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    Just worchestershire and a local restaurants house seasoning called Mistys. Yes the out side was a little crispy but it was great.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    The outside is supposes to be crispy!  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Scottborasjr
    Options
    Yeah it was crispy and damn good. Now to figure out what to do with the slightly thinner t bones I picked up as well  =)