Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT........RTIC coolers, visited their office in Houston today

Options

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Any idea if the measurements they give on their website are internal or external?
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    How much $$$ do you need to put down for the preorder?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Actually I think it shows both.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Ah, missed that @Hotch thanks.
  • JGoodson
    JGoodson Posts: 55
    Options
    Received my email yesterday requesting my payment for the 65 I reserved in July. Money is on the table! looking forward to comparing it to my Yeti 45. Thanks for the assurance these folks are legit!
    McDonough,Ga   Large & Small BGE  Dawgs, Falcons and Bravos!
  • JGoodson
    JGoodson Posts: 55
    Options
    thetrim The full price is required from my understanding!
    McDonough,Ga   Large & Small BGE  Dawgs, Falcons and Bravos!
  • Raymont
    Raymont Posts: 710
    Options
    Waiting (not very) patiently for the 110qt... Do I need a cooler that big? No.. Do I want one? Yep..

Small & Large BGE

Nashville, TN

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    looks like im ordering the 45, 65 wont fit my dodge truck under the cover or my dads tundra, they need to look at shrinking the height of the 65 by half an inch so it fits more trucks or maybe they just sized it for new vehicles
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Angus1978
    Angus1978 Posts: 390
    Options
    I'm sold...my roadie is on order!   Thanks guys!
    LBGE and Primo XL Plano TX All right all right alllll riight
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Guess I should have listened to brother @SGH sooner and jumped on board a couple months ago.  Better late than never.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    Thanks for posting this!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    SGH said:
    jakebge said:
    Thanks SGH, now I'm thinking about preordering another one!
    I add a third 65 today myself in case that hippy in NO wants one. Hope that you enjoy them brother.  
    With the 3rd 65qt...how many are you up to now.lol
    4. One Roadie and three of the 65's. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    looks like im ordering the 45, 65 wont fit my dodge truck under the cover or my dads tundra, they need to look at shrinking the height of the 65 by half an inch so it fits more trucks or maybe they just sized it for new vehicles
    I'm glad you mentioned that because I didn't think at all about the height and it fitting under my tonneau cover (Diamondback).

Ran out to measure and the 65 should slide right under with a bit over an inch to spare.

Would have to smack myself in the face with a 2x4 if it arrived and wouldn't fit so thanks for saving me from that! :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• thetrim
    Options
    @sGH is the bad influence of rotomolded 
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SGH
    Options
    thetrim said:
    @sGH is the bad influence of rotomolded 
    I'm not even close brother. But I'm glad to be put in such good company. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    Thanks for sharing ... sort of ..... I've been resisting, but the roadie and 45 are very appealing.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • thetrim
    Options
    I', gonna have to pull the trigger
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    Options

Thanks for the trip and the update.  I've been considering a Yeti/Peilcan/whatever for awhile and will be anxious to see the reviews on these. 

Question......I know Pelican has a 95 qt. (I think?).  Will RTIC have one as well or is 65 their biggest?

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• SGH
    Options
    KennyLee said:

Thanks for the trip and the update.  I've been considering a Yeti/Peilcan/whatever for awhile and will be anxious to see the reviews on these. 

Question......I know Pelican has a 95 qt. (I think?).  Will RTIC have one as well or is 65 their biggest?

At the moment the 65 is the biggest. This will probably change in the future though. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    KennyLee said:

I have a Pelican 95, for the record, it's a outstanding cooler. 

Status- Standing by.

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Anyone receive theirs yet?  I'm dying to get mine but know I'm well down the list.

Or is this thread sunk???
    Edited - not sunk.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    Anyone receive theirs yet?  I'm dying to get mine but know I'm well down the list.

Or is this thread sunk???
    Edited - not sunk.
    My email said November and I said No Thank You! 
  • Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Yeah, My notice Aug18 stated 60 to 90 days. 
    I'm in & waiting.  :s
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    Options
    Meh, I've kickstarted items that have taken far longer to arrive. Put your order in, forget about it and then sometime in November a nice "surprise" will show up. I agree with @SGH these coolers probably won't remain at these prices going forward.
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Looking at these photos again, couldn't they at least tried to make it look like they weren't copying a YETI?  A little effort with some minor design changes...at least different colors.  Ballsy for sure. If I were in the market for another cooler I would pull the trigger in a second.  
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • jakebge
    Options
    Recent Facebook post indicated they plan to start shipping the end of September.
  • bcsnave
    bcsnave Posts: 1,009
    Options
    I am in....Pelicans are nice..Yetis are nice....I am cheap

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI

• Thatgrimguy
    Options
    Now I have one of each size on order. Between bbq comps and camping in the motorhome, I find myself actually needing more than a normal cooler can provide. With 3 of these bad boys I should be set! The large one will be dedicated to meat, The medium for drink, and the small will be full of ice.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    I bought the middle one. Probably should have bought the large and the small instead.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    I wish I was on the short list but I jumped on late as well. I hope to get mine in November. I made full payment but never got an email back.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas