Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What flips your lid?

Options
1234568»

Comments

• TheManBehindTheMask
    Options
    just like his pal mikee 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    SGH said:
    Yep, the way of the buffalo it has went. 
    @SGH - the buffalo aren't extinct.  I ate one the other day and I'm pretty sure there are more left.  ;)
    Ahem... You had bison, not buffalo.

-Captain Pedantic, AWAY!

P.S.  Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    SGH said:
    @SGH - the buffalo aren't extinct.  I ate one the other day and I'm pretty sure there are more left.  ;)

-Captain Pedantic, AWAY!

It was real good my friend. Real good. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited August 2015
    Options

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Now I want to watch Raw again. Must've seen it 5 times in the theater as a teen. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited August 2015
    Options
    SGH said:

-Captain Pedantic, AWAY!

@eggcelsior (AKA "dorkus erecti") Buffalo and Bison are the same thing.

Edit - let me clarify - what I ate is called either Buffalo or Bison.
    Options
    If your parents talked like her parents, I imagine you would talk like her too.  Go Gators.
    Damn, looks like I missed all of the fun.  I hate it when work gets in the way.

My point really was 2-fold, 1) what a monumental waste of taxpayer supported time and resources, I can only hope she was there as a guest speaking to an empty room rather than being an elected gov official, and 2) if she is a member of a legislative body and therefore integral to the creation of laws, she needs to have a better grasp of the language as precision in language is key to that responsibility and doing that job well.  Accent or not, that was turrible.

As for the Guam capsize guy, that looked like a committee mtg, I don't think you can filibuster there, but I may be wrong, I'm a little behind in my Schoolhouse Rock civics lessons.  If that was hyperbole, then that general's lack of candor in response is what is wrong - he really needed to laugh his ass off there.

• Eggcelsior
    Options
    SGH said:

-Captain Pedantic, AWAY!

"American Buffalo" is a misnomer for Bison bison, the animal native to the U.S. and Canada. The only Buffaloes in this country are in zoos(African water buffalo) or maybe on Ted Nugent's ranch.

-At your service, once again. AWAY!
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Some buffalo are extinct, mostly the ones that aren't around anymore.  I like to eat buffalo, but when I was growing up, buffalo was just a word my dad used to describe when someone was BS'ing you.
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    Legume said:
    Some buffalo are extinct, mostly the ones that aren't around anymore.  I like to eat buffalo, but when I was growing up, buffalo was just a word my dad used to describe when someone was BS'ing you.
    It's also a verb for bullying.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Legume said:
    That is an astute observation!
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    SGH said:

-Captain Pedantic, AWAY!

"American Buffalo" is a misnomer for Bison bison, the animal native to the U.S. and Canada. The only Buffaloes in this country are in zoos(African water buffalo) or maybe on Ted Nugent's ranch.

-At your service, once again. AWAY!
    It was a misnomer, now it is an accepted part of our lexicon.  And by "our", I mean in context of me buying it in America.   Stop buffaloing me, beotch!
    Options
    Hashtags
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• BuckeyeFork
    Options
    I thought Mask, Darby, and BuckeyeFork were all the same person.

• nolaegghead
    Options

Options
    Way of the buffalo. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    All this bison talk got reminds me of Yellowstone 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,111
    Options
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options

Yea.....those aren't creepy at all. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Legume
    Options
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac That's a bit disturbing my friend....
    Options
    If you disturb @nolaegghead , you've done something. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    If you disturb @nolaegghead , you've done something. 
    Achievement Unlocked ;)
  • Legume
    Options
    I wonder if these come in camel.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Legume said:
    I wonder if these come in camel.
    Why yes, yes they do.

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,533
    Options
    Had trouble finding a spot in pouring rain, then I saw this  =)

I can see his point though, also hate idiots who swing doors open mindlessly and inflict dings on the adjacent vehicle.
    canuckland
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options