Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sunday Wings

Options
Following up on my discussion of separating or keeping wings whole, I decided to do a batch myself.  I used Costco wings which were already cut so I did t have a choice.  In any case I followed the general recipe of @Dyal_SC (http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1165474/spicy-asian-wings-on-the-mini-bge) with the exception that I tossed the wings in corn starch (vs baking powder). I also used Bad Byron's Butt Rub.  First step was to dry the wings, toss in corn starch and sprinkle with rub.

I then put in the fridge for about 4-5 hours to dry (less moisture = crispier wings).

I got my LGE up to 380-390, indirect, with a little bit of mesquite and pecan.  Cook for 30 min, flip, and then cook for 30 min more.  After I hour I sauced (sorry about the sun in the pic).
I let them go about 5-10 more minutes and pulled them off.
We served them with some asparagus and a pasta salad. Not bad for a Sunday meal.

North Pittsburgh, PA
1 LGE

Comments