Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Buffalo Ranch Wings and Stuffed Peppers on the Mini BGE

Options
Cheated and fried the wings inside, but I did do the stuffed peppers on the Mini BGE.  These were sweet mini bell peppers that I stuffed with potatoes and hot sausage, seasoned with Caribeque Island Thyme, and topped with Monterray Jack toward the end.  It's becoming my new favorite stuffed pepper.  

For the wings, I pan fried them with flour and panko and sauced them up with Moore's Buffalo Ranch Wing Sauce.  

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Whoa down. Solid right there. 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Nuke1855
    Nuke1855 Posts: 281
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    Cheated and fried the wings inside, but I did do the stuffed peppers on the Mini BGE.  These were sweet mini bell peppers that I stuffed with potatoes and hot sausage, seasoned with Caribeque Island Thyme, and topped with Monterray Jack toward the end.  It's becoming my new favorite stuffed pepper.  

For the wings, I pan fried them with flour and panko and sauced them up with Moore's Buffalo Ranch Wing Sauce.  

Homerun .... Great cook @dyal_sc

Living The Big Green Egg Life...

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.caribeque.com/">www.caribeque.com</a>

www.biggreenegglife.com

• midwestsmoker
    Options
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Well lookey there, another great cook from a great cook!
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    The commissioner would like to speak with you first thing Monday morning because there is absolutely no doubt you are using performance enhancers of some kind.

Holy cow man another fantastic plate.  My stomach and my dinnerware are depressed after seeing that. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Nothing wrong with frying the chicken at all brother. I love good fried chicken as much or more than grilled. The stuffed peppers are a home run for sure. Solid cook all the way around.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Black_Badger
    Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
    Options
    Great stuff here @Dyal_SC. Never a disappointing read when you're the poster.

Ever done those peppers with rice instead of potato? They look awesome, just wondering if the rice might work to soak up some of the juices at they cook.

Cheers -
    B_B

Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
    Thx fellas'!  @Black_Badger , I've actually been contemplating trying that out. I have some leftover mini bell peppers that I may try that with tonight.  Thinking about peppers stuffed with jerk chicken and rice and beans. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    After looking at this again, I'm suddenly craving some fried chicken myself. Again, great cook brother. I would tear that up!!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.