Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Heavy Heart

Options
13»

Comments

• HendersonTRKing
    Options
    Very sorry for your loss.  Lost my ma last June and the entire year without her was very rough.  I was just sitting on the beach yesterday talking with my wife about how it wasn't that long ago that we were at the beach with her.  The only thing that made it at all bearable was trying to focus on how lucky we were to have the time we did with her.  Maybe that'll be some consolation to you, too, in time.
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • Rzeancak
    Rzeancak Posts: 193
    Options
    My deepest condolences
    A child can ask questions a wise man can't answer!!!
    Canada
    Large @ Small BGE 

• YYZegger
    YYZegger Posts: 231
    Options
    Condolences to you and your family, its hard when this happens.
    Toronto, Canada  LBGE
  • byrne092
    byrne092 Posts: 746
    Options
    So sorry for your loss.
    XL, Medium BGE & Blackstone I XAR-Woo2 & Rig-BO Flameboss 500

St. Louis, MO
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,143
    Options
    Matt. My deepest love thoughts and prayers for you and your family's comfort for your loss. 

Im just down the street let me know if I can help out with anything..
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Options
    So sorry for your loss... 

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Sorry about your mom, Matthew.  It's good she went quick, and at home.  My sister and dad passed in ICUs.  It was tough.  FIL was putting logs in the fireplace at home (he had the biggest fireplace I've ever seen) and had a massive heart attack and hit the ground dead.  Firemen got there in 5 minutes for CPR but guess it was his time. We were all thankful it wasn't prolonged. 
    Options
    Sorry Matt.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Options
    It's tough and you obviously were a great son to her.  Wish I'd taken more time with my folks before they passed.  You get caught up in life, that was good advice.
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    I'm really sorry to hear the news. My dad passed last October . It took him 4 days and was very hard on everyone.  Most days are ok. Just a few minutes ago I was thinking of him. Its the crazy the things that trigger it. I was cutting a cantaloupe to add to a smoothie, took a taste before putting it in. It was kinda crappy and tasteless. I immediately could hear him say."that they were no count " he loved good cantaloupe and watermelon in the summer .I get to see my Mon a few times a week. She only lives 3 blocks over. Im glad you got to spend some quality time with your mom before she passed. And hope things go as smooth as possible for you and your family in the days to come. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Condolences brother.  Beautiful tribute song for Ma.

Had only two requests for my mom's funeral.  Psalm 91, and Jamey Johnson.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVdCYf2cAUo
    Our pastor was so moved by "Lead Me Home"  he based his sermon around it. Was proud I got a pastor to listen to JJ. lol

Someone gifted us a concrete bench for my dad's garden with this engraved,

"Our family chain is broken, 
    And nothing seems the same,
    But as God calls us one by one,
    The chain will link again."

Take care.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Egghead_Daron
    Options
    Deepest of condolences man. So sorry for this turn of events. Thanks for the needed reminder to cherish every day.
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN