Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Yeti Rambler

Options
rsterman
rsterman Posts: 119
just went to our best friend's son's wedding to a fine young woman from Traverse City, Michigan...a marvelous time was had by all......a wonderful part of the country to visit.....we took a side trip to Mackinaw Island while there....what a beautiful side trip for one night.....while there I bought a 30 oz Yeti Rambler......what a quality product it is.......as mentioned previously by the Hapster, real men drink their Titos and tonic in the Rambler......been doing that......actually works pretty well......seems to reduce my booze intake overall because I drink the drink and the ice is still there......so, less overall....and the "Manly Level" is still well met.......I think I am happier because the recovery period from indiscretions seems to be much longer than years past........a quicker recovery is important @ this point...LOL
Berlin, Maryland

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I have really been enjoying mine, although I can't say it has reduced my intake!  Since it holds ice so well I don't use much ice.  You can fit a lot of Titos in there with a splash of tonic ;)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    What happened to drinking straight from the bottle?  :D
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    I love mine. Family beach week was last month. Beer in a can on a SC beach can get got fast. Regardless of house fast you drink. Putting 2 beers in the rambler stays cold the whole time. It paid for itself that week. I use mine for daily water intake and traveling with coffee. Great product!
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • tamu2009
    tamu2009 Posts: 387
    Options
    I don't follow the "drink less" logic. It made me drink more because I ran out of stuff to drink faster with less ice melting which means I have to refill it more.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
  • ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    I was a skeptic. I mean, who needs a $40 cup. But then again who needs a $1000+ grill? Got my rambler for father's day. Honestly one of the best products I've ever owned. It does as advertised and then some. Use it every day for anything from water to Dixie Champagne to my Spiked Palmers. Love it.

Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    400 miles to go to finish 4000 miles Salado to San Francisco, 2000 miles a couple of weeks ago to FL and 6000 miles last month to Canada. I love mine and this is where it sits. 

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    ksmyrl said:
    I was a skeptic. I mean, who needs a $40 cup. But then again who needs a $1000+ grill? Got my rambler for father's day. Honestly one of the best products I've ever owned. It does as advertised and then some. Use it every day for anything from water to Dixie Champagne to my Spiked Palmers. Love it.

My thoughts exactly. There are a lot of things in life that aren't a need, but they sure are enjoyable to own and make life convienant. None of us "needs" a big green egg. Yet we have them. Same with the Yeti products and other high end stuff. I have said it a million times and will say it again, you only live once. You might as well enjoy it my friends. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• rsterman
    rsterman Posts: 119
    Options
    I love the lame excuses for drinking more now that you have something that enhances the Titos @ Tonic experience.......however a little self restraint is sometimes good even if it is only for 15 minutes.....hee hee hee!
    Berlin, Maryland
  • SpartanPride
    SpartanPride Posts: 161
    Options
    Here is my question (with one foot still in the skeptic camp).  Doesn't it perform around the same level as Tervis?  @Mickey I see you have them both side by side.  Might I suggest a Tervis vs. Yeti ice test?? 
  • Raymont
    Raymont Posts: 710
    Options
    I have tested tervis vs. rambler. No comparison. Rambler hands down better, especially outside.

Small & Large BGE

Nashville, TN

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Here is my question (with one foot still in the skeptic camp).  Doesn't it perform around the same level as Tervis?  @Mickey I see you have them both side by side.  Might I suggest a Tervis vs. Yeti ice test?? 
    I have ice the next morning, her's will not. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    This is interesting because no lids were used.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXT9Oo12Kko

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Mickey said:
    400 miles to go to finish 4000 miles Salado to San Francisco, 2000 miles a couple of weeks ago to FL and 6000 miles last month to Canada. I love mine and this is where it sits. 

I saw Mrs Chan yesterday, she said you had just been in the other day.  I bought a couple of woks and some other stuff, she's shipping to me.  Great lady.

When are you not on the road Mickey?
  • SpartanPride
    SpartanPride Posts: 161
    Options
    @Smokeypitt, thanks!  I guess that answers the question.
  • ads75
    ads75 Posts: 391
    Options
    I've had a 20 oz and 30 oz rambler since September last year, ice water is the only thing I've had in them and they are great for that. Now I see they are coming out with a 10 oz size, sounds ideal for work coffee. I don't mind paying a premium for a well made product. Recently got a Roadie also.
    Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    I've got a pile of Cabela's points, I reckon a few of these wold be as good a purchase as I'm likely to make with 'em.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Tervis isn't in the same league as a vacuum flask such as the yeti.  Vacuum is the ultimate insulation.
    Options
    Tervis isn't in the same league as a vacuum flask such as the yeti.  Vacuum is the ultimate insulation.
    In space, no one can hear you scream.
  • Ivanhoe
    Ivanhoe Posts: 223
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I've got a pile of Cabela's points, I reckon a few of these wold be as good a purchase as I'm likely to make with 'em.

That's what paid for mine! It's a great product
    Tulare, CA - Large BGE
  • tamu2009
    tamu2009 Posts: 387
    Options
    Ivanhoe said:

That's what paid for mine! It's a great product
    Mine too! I got the absolute last one they had in the Allen, TX store. They didnt have a single 20 ounce or colseter, but they had ONE 30 ounce
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas