Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best Chicken Evvva!

Options
tarheelmatt
tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
Didn't miss the Egg for this cook at all!  We upgraded to a true convection oven and have started doing a lot of cooking in it.  It really does a great job on roasting and baking when needed.  

So, the details.  I didn't get any pictures before hand, though I wish I would have.  

Started off this morning made a dry brine that consisted of the following: 

2-3 teaspoons kosher salt
2-3 teaspoons cracked pepper
Zest of one lemon
Parsley flake (1-2 teaspoons)
1-2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon seasoning salt

Spatched the chicken, dried well, and placed on a raised baking sheet.  

Applied the mixture above under the skin and on top of the skin.  Placed in the fridge until time to cook.  Wished I would have started last night.  

Got my 15" CI pan hot with a little canola and some butter.  

Cooked skin side down until a nice crust.  Flipped on the bottom side, and placed in oven at 375° for about an hour.  

Added some carrots, celery, and green onions just before going into the oven.  

I may dream about this chicken tonight.  

Made some mac and cheese to go along with it.  Had some white american that needed to be cooked, so it is basically all white.  Made a cheese sauce (simple roux, added white american, cream cheese, salt, and pepper).  It was pretty good too. 

1 - The love

2 - The mac and cheese

------------------------------
Thomasville, NC
My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
Instagram
Facebook
My Photography Site

Comments