Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BS thighs. Mmmmmmm

Options
just some BS thighs kissed with rub your butt mustard BBQ sauce. Some locally grown bicolor sweet corn and store bought noodles. Easy peasy. Oh, a pic of my cooking buddy Oscar. A baby spinach salad while cooking. 

Comments

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    God that looks great. Nice looking patio set up as well.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • RollTideRob
    RollTideRob Posts: 139
    Options
    Looks mighty fine 
    Large, Medium

Heflin, AL
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Looks great Pete, really dig your setup.  

Bought some roadside sweet corn over the weekend on the way to Kewanee, and tore into it yesterday.  Always a summertime treat.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Nanook
    Nanook Posts: 846
    Options
    Looks good from here.
    GWN
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    God that looks great. Nice looking patio set up as well.
    Why thank you sir. My little get away. 
  • pgprescott
    Options

Focker said:
    Looks great Pete, really dig your setup.  

Bought some roadside sweet corn over the weekend on the way to Kewanee, and tore into it yesterday.  Always a summertime treat.
    Thanks Brandon. Love me some gooood sweet corn. I really enjoy my patio time. 
  • anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Man that's a great looking setup. Great looking meal as well!!
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Looks great!  And I dig the set-up :sunglasses: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    I love me some boneless skinless thighs. Looks great!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Finally @Thatgrimguy told me what BS thighs stood for ... didn't want to ask ... even though they looked like chicken thighs.  As usual, good looking cook.

Now as to the patio shot.  All along I thought you were a BGE guy with a lone egg off in the corner of the patio all by itself.  Geez, it looks like a poor, lost child compared to the rest of the cookware.  Nice patio ...

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• pgprescott
    Options
    Finally @Thatgrimguy told me what BS thighs stood for ... didn't want to ask ... even though they looked like chicken thighs.  As usual, good looking cook.

Now as to the patio shot.  All along I thought you were a BGE guy with a lone egg off in the corner of the patio all by itself.  Geez, it looks like a poor, lost child compared to the rest of the cookware.  Nice patio ...
    Ha ha! No it's actually the work horse. I'd say 95%. Thanks for the kind words about the BS thighs. Thanks Tom. 
  • pgprescott
    Options
    anzyegg said:
    Man that's a great looking setup. Great looking meal as well!!
    Thanks @anzyegg. My little get away as I've said before. 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Looks good. I've been digging that rub. Haven't tried on chicken, but it's the wife's new fave on pulled pork. 
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Looks good. I've been digging that rub. Haven't tried on chicken, but it's the wife's new fave on pulled pork. 
    Thanks. They have a few we are aware of, one for burgers, one for pork, and this one for chicken. Of course, I use them on whatever I feel like. We are totally in love with the mustard bbq sauce they have. Thanks again @theyolksonyou
  • Mike_the_BBQ_Fanatic
    Options
    I love the BS thighs...I like to cook them until they get a little crispy...about 2 hours raised then shred em and make pulled chicken.....one of the best, easiest things I make.
    Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,733
    Options
    Great patio!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,282
    Options
    Your cook looks good and your patio rocks! 
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • gamason
    gamason Posts: 406
    Options
    My favorite go to for a quick weeknight dinner. Looks great!

Snellville,Ga.

LBGE

Minimax

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    I love the BS thighs...I like to cook them until they get a little crispy...about 2 hours raised ...
    A little bit of a high jack please.  My cook times for chicken are way, way short of what others report.  A couple days ago drums (legs) were on the grill ... indirect at 350 degrees dome for 30 minutes and the drums were at 180 to 200 degrees.  Wings last week - again raised direct at 350 - took about 20 minutes to reach temp ... did a little reverse sear for a couple minutes per side to crisp up the skin.  And yes, the dome temp is calibrated.  Anybody else experiencing the same "abbreviated" cook times?

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    That's a really good rub.  I like to use it 50/50 with Butt Rub.  I'm definitely a thigh man!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
    Options
    Food looks great, where did you get the gasser setup?

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• Mike_the_BBQ_Fanatic
    Options
      Anybody else experiencing the same "abbreviated" cook times?
    I've not played much with shorter times...I like mine with a lot of smoke so I always go a couple hours at 200-225 dome.
    Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...
  • pgprescott
    Options
    gamason said:
    My favorite go to for a quick weeknight dinner. Looks great!
    Yeah, us too. Thank you. 
  • pgprescott
    Options

I love the BS thighs...I like to cook them until they get a little crispy...about 2 hours raised ...
    A little bit of a high jack please.  My cook times for chicken are way, way short of what others report.  A couple days ago drums (legs) were on the grill ... indirect at 350 degrees dome for 30 minutes and the drums were at 180 to 200 degrees.  Wings last week - again raised direct at 350 - took about 20 minutes to reach temp ... did a little reverse sear for a couple minutes per side to crisp up the skin.  And yes, the dome temp is calibrated.  Anybody else experiencing the same "abbreviated" cook times?
    Certain meats lend themselves to longer cooks IMO. Others I try very hard to not obliterate them. That's just me, others have their preferences I'm sure. It's the old time and temp issue. I often get asked about how long to cook this or that. I almost always say it depends on the temp you choose. 
  • pgprescott
    Options

That's a really good rub.  I like to use it 50/50 with Butt Rub.  I'm definitely a thigh man!
      The rub is awesome and their mustard sauce is Devine. Leg and thigh guy here too. 
  • pgprescott
    Options

Food looks great, where did you get the gasser setup?
    Well, at our store of course. We are retailers of BGE, Weber, traeger, and primo. The gasser is the Weber Summit social center. Very nice grill that deserves more use than it gets due to the ceramic grills. The storage is quite nice and the counter space is great for prep, and entertaining. Thanks for the compliment.