Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Blackstone 36" Griddle is LEGIT

Options

Comments

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @bigdogk9 Looks great. I LOVE fried rice on this. I never could get my wok skills right, but I'm taking off on this.

@cazzy. It felt like a gimmick. So much cheese/bread that it was more fun to take pictures of and talk about than to eat. 

Next time I'll use texas toast, and just lay each piece of bread down on the griddle with cheese and use that dome to melt the cheese then throw the patty in the middle for a grilled cheese burger. That will cut down on the bread and give a better effect I think. 
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    @bigdogk9 Looks great. I LOVE fried rice on this. I never could get my wok skills right, but I'm taking off on this.

@cazzy. It felt like a gimmick. So much cheese/bread that it was more fun to take pictures of and talk about than to eat. 

Next time I'll use texas toast, and just lay each piece of bread down on the griddle with cheese and use that dome to melt the cheese then throw the patty in the middle for a grilled cheese burger. That will cut down on the bread and give a better effect I think. 
    I can see that as it does seem overboard on the cheese and bread.  Try thin sliced bread and no cheese on the meat next time.  I think that might help.  Your option works too as I love Texas Toast.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • cazzy
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Oh, my new hamburger turner is amazing!  It is awesome for smash burgers.  I hold the big boy in my right hand and use the smaller one in my left hand to push down.  The crust is unbelievable on the burgers doing it this way.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    My wife told me this morning there was no way I could add the griddle, our deck was too full. I think that was her way of telling me we need to move...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    DMW said:
    My wife told me this morning there was no way I could add the griddle, our deck was too full. I think that was her way of telling me we need to move...
    Or add on to the deck. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    DMW said:
    Or add on to the deck. 
    The email she sent me this afternoon while I was on a flight...

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    edited July 2015
    Options
    PSA - RD has legit philly cheese steak meat.  Individual servings of frozen thin sliced raw sirloin.  $61.05 for 40 servings (10 lbs).

I picked up a box today, but resisted the urge to cook any since I don't have appropriate crusty rolls, or cheezwhiz on hand.  Stay tuned...

@thatgrimguy  you are correct sir - this griddle does something magical to a simple grill cheese.

@dmw  that was well played on your wife's part.  Your toys become pretty costly.

Phoenix 
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    @ Blasting...so 2.5 pounds of that 10 pound box is water and chemicals...might as well load it up with cheezwhiz.lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    @dmw you might as well start packing. 
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    DMW said:
    I laughed at the notion that she wanted a new house instead of just no Griddle. Then the link to addresses came and I have to say, if you can read your woman like that, ya'll are meant to be!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    @DMW Pickup the griddle first then find the new house.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • cazzy
    Options
    DMW said:
    Thats why you leave it in the garage and wheel it out when it's Go Time!   B)
  • blasting
    Options
    Philly cheese steak for an early lunch.  Next time I'm going to use provolone - not a fan of the processed taste of the whiz.

I'm enjoying cooking on this thing.  Shredding the steak on the griddle as it cooked made me feel like a real short order cook.

Phoenix 
  • Hotch
    Options
    @blasting I interested in how long it takes for the steaks to cook. I have heard anywhere from 90 secs to 3 min. And do they break apart? Looks like about 4oz portion?
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    @blasting that looks great!! How was the flavor of that philly meat?
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    @blasting what temp do you have the griddle at? 
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    Options
    Blueberry pancakes, and some other stuff. The wife is loving this thing.
    4.jpg 332.9K
    3.jpg 559.2K
    2.jpg 501K
    1.jpg 544.5K
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • blasting
    Options
    Hotch said:
    @blasting I interested in how long it takes for the steaks to cook. I have heard anywhere from 90 secs to 3 min. And do they break apart? Looks like about 4oz portion?
    The meat is thin slices in 4oz portions - separated by parchment.  I didn't time it, but it was quick - not longer than 3 minutes.  After the flip, I pulled it apart with two spatulas right on the grill like I've seen them do in Philly.
    Thanks, it's fun to cook the whole meal on a griddle.  The meat is very good, and I will purchase again when I run out.  

Phoenix 
  • Hotch
    Options
    blasting said:
    Hotch said:
    The meat is thin slices in 4oz portions - separated by parchment.  I didn't time it, but it was quick - not longer than 3 minutes.  After the flip, I pulled it apart with two spatulas right on the grill like I've seen them do in Philly.
    Thanks, it's fun to cook the whole meal on a griddle.  The meat is very good, and I will purchase again when I run out.  

Thanks, next trip to RD I will pick up a box. 40lbs will last awhile. Unless @SGH comes over! Just kidding Scottie.
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • blasting
    Options
    @blasting what temp do you have the griddle at? 
    Left two burners a little more than 3/4.  Right two burners at about 1/4.  I didn't take an infrared, so can't give an actual temp.

@albertaegger looking fine!  I did banana pankakes yesterday and smashburgers.  Cheesesteak for lunch today.  Chicken fried rice on the menu for dinner.

Phoenix 
  • blasting
    Options
    Hotch said:
    Thanks, next trip to RD I will pick up a box. 40lbs will last awhile. Unless @SGH comes over! Just kidding Scottie.
    I was a little concerned about freezer burn, so I divided them into 5 portion packages and vac sealed them.
    Phoenix 
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    Options
    Thanks @blasting , really need to do some cheesesteaks soon. Heading out camping next week, I think we may have to add that to the menu. 
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • aukerns08
    aukerns08 Posts: 253
    Options
    Reverse sear. Egged these steaks indirect up to 110 internal because they were thin. Then on to the Blackstone on high with butter. The wife made some amazing homemade mac and cheese and I threw some veggies on the griddle for a wonderful meal!

I should have kept avoiding this thread...  I kept seeing it pop up and I kept saying don't do it, don't do it, you'll just want to buy one and SWMBO will not be on board, but I couldn't stop myself today.  This right here is probably going to set me back $300 - $500 with the griddle and the accessories...  I've got my work cut out for me to get SWMBO on board for sure.
    Large and Mini BGE

Hamilton, VA
  • Hotch
    Options
    blasting said:
    Hotch said:
    I was a little concerned about freezer burn, so I divided them into 5 portion packages and vac sealed them.

Thanks for the info. I will do the same.
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Hotch
    Options
    DMW said:
    DMW said:
    Or add on to the deck. 
    The email she sent me this afternoon while I was on a flight...

@DMW I go for either Ruby (1) or Ice House (2).

You someone would look them up!!!

BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    @Bustersdad :bow: that is some crazy good looking fried rice.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    It had been almost 400 posts since I opened this thread. I can't spend anymore money right now but I think I need this. These cooks are ridiculous. Time to find some things to put on CL.
  • chrisc133
    chrisc133 Posts: 501
    Options
    blasting said:
    PSA - RD has legit philly cheese steak meat.  Individual servings of frozen thin sliced raw sirloin.  $61.05 for 40 servings (10 lbs).

I picked up a box today, but resisted the urge to cook any since I don't have appropriate crusty rolls, or cheezwhiz on hand.  Stay tuned...

@thatgrimguy  you are correct sir - this griddle does something magical to a simple grill cheese.

@dmw  that was well played on your wife's part.  Your toys become pretty costly.

@Blasing have you seen any prepackaged meat like his anywhere else besides RD?  I'm looking for something like this but don't have a RD close by. 
    Augusta, GA
    #BGETEAMGREEN member
    MiniMax, Large, XL BGE
    Featured on Man Fire Food Season 7