Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Storm Foiled

Options
NPHuskerFL
NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
Lump Blue Crab Cakes atop romaine lettuce with fresh sliced tomatoes.
Baby Bella Mushrooms stuffed with cream cheese, blue crab and Fontina cheese topped.
ABTs stuffed with cream cheese, Datil Dew    Outback Red sauce and cubed Fontina cheese wrapped in prosciutto. 
This was prepped to egg but, we had crazy storms.  

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Looks like another winner from team Husker to me. Awesome job brother :clap: 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL
    I got volunteered to cook blue crab and shrimp for charity myself yesterday. Of course I helped myself to a few of them when no one was looking ;)

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Love me some fresh Blue Crab @SGH
    But, watcha got there is just a tease brotha. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SGH
    Options
    I had to be kind of careful, I was cooking for a church that was raising money. I ended up buying a couple of boxes for myself when it was over. That's just some nibbling I did while cooking. 

Status- Standing by.

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Nice backup plan. I'm sure it wasn't the same as kicking back on the deck, but it looks great. 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,629
    Options
    Beautiful man!
  • beachsmoke
    beachsmoke Posts: 644
    Options
    Looks fantastic it rained buckets til 2pm today here in San Destin fl
    Large egg panhandle of florida
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @beachsmoke Thanks :smile:   Yes for about 2 wks we've been getting our typical afternoon storms. Except they've been exceptionally wicked with heavy winds and more lightning strikes than we've had in probably a decade or more. The live lightning map a couple of days ago spoke volumes. Lots of power outages across the state. Hopefully "everybody" has a quiet hurricane season. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Parkersquared
    Options
    SGH said:
    I had to be kind of careful, I was cooking for a church that was raising money. I ended up buying a couple of boxes for myself when it was over. That's just some nibbling I did while cooking. 
    i went over there friday afternoon but it was too hot to eat any crabs. 
    Wiggins, MS
  • ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    You seafood guys make me sick. I wish we could get decent seafood every now and then. Nice cook Husk.
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    ksmyrl said:
    You seafood guys make me sick. I wish we could get decent seafood every now and then. Nice cook Husk.
    @ksmyrl speaks the truth.  Not an abundance of fresh seafood this far inland.  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Great looking cook Blake. We have been getting hammered with very powerful storms as well. Friday night we had very high winds, torrential rain, and hail. It sounded like the windows were going to break! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • SGH
    Options
    ksmyrl said:
    You seafood guys make me sick. I wish we could get decent seafood every now and then. 
    Brother it would be hard for me to deal with if I couldn't get fresh seafood. I know this will come as a shock to most folks, but seafood is honestly one of my absolute favorites by any measure. 

i went over there friday afternoon but it was too hot to eat any crabs. 
    It was a scorcher no doubt. Luckily it clouded over about 3:00pm and brought a little relief. 

Status- Standing by.