Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Hot Tub/Spa

Options
bo31210
bo31210 Posts: 715
We have decided to pursue getting one of these things for the yard/patio.   I know nothing about them except it is easier to get a price from a used car dealer than to get a price on one of these things.    Does anyone have one and can they offer any insight?  as fire as size, probably something the the 4 person range is plenty...   Thanks all!
In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!

Comments

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    We have an 8 person tub - and it can fit 8 if they are really close friends. IF you want to seat 4 adults comfortably you should look at a 6 person model.

Just my $0.03 (adjusted for inflation).
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,678
    Options
    I used to have a Hot Springs Grande.
    It held 500 gallons and seated 8 people.
    I would highly recommend Hot Springs. They have an excellent warranty.
    I had my hot tub for almost 15 years without any service problems.
    They are expensive, but I think you will find they have a good dealer network that will be easy to get a quote from.
    Also, contrary to popular belief, winter is the best season to use a hot tub. Summer is just too hot. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    I got one last year and it's a real education.  Place I got is also my BGE dealer!  I got a 6 person unit and the manufacturer is Maax spas. It's high quality but pricey.  Dropped close to 10G but have been very happy.  It has its own wifi so can be controlled remotely when in range. Keeps itself clean/filtered with minimal assistance.  Dealer is in Cumming, Ga.  I hope that helps. Good luck!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Costco has some pretty nice looking ones
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    I have a Sundance Spa and would highly recommend checking them out.  I am at 15+ years on this one and have had minimal issues.  Also had a Sundance at a house we ended up renting for several years-that one was headed into 16 years when we sold the house.  No major issues with that one either.  Very solid warranty.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options

Please do your homework. There are a whole bunch of shady ones, all looking very legit. Most have a multitude of issues.

After a lot of research we went with Hotsprings from their dealer. Got the Grande and we got the saltwater one with the diamond whatever system. Many years now without a single issue.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    I went with a Caldera Spa, made by Watkins, which is the same company behind Hot Springs Spas. Both are great brands that you shouldn't have much trouble with.

MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • calracefan
    calracefan Posts: 606
    Options
    Be sure to check what the frame is made of, many are wood some are metal. I used to have a Masters Spa,only problem I ever had was the recirc pump went out. Spas are not cheap and are not cheap even after the initial purchase. Really relaxing, you will find you use it much more in the winter than in summer.
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Eggsalent
    Eggsalent Posts: 75
    Options
    I sell hot tubs and have for the last 10 yrs would happy to help contact me and i will send you my number