Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Prices

Options
2»

Comments

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    @Ladeback69 ... The plate setter has a three year warranty.
    I thought so too, but my dealer said one.  It doesn't mater. My current one is not broke yet and I have a back up.  I may still get a AR/Woo2 combo though.
    @Ladeback69 ... now I see the problem.  You told your dealer the plate setter was cracked ... go back and tell him the ConvEGGtor is cracked ... it has a three year warranty.
    • Warranty on Big Green Egg Components: Click here for details
      • Ceramic components, including dome, base, fire box and fire ring – Limited Lifetime Warranty to original purchaser from Authorized Dealer
      • Ceramic EGGcessories, including ConvEGGtor and Pizza/Baking Stones – 3 Year Warranty
      • Metal Components, including EGG band, stainless steel cooking grid, cast iron charcoal grate and EGG Nest – 5 Year Warranty
      • Temperature Gauge – 1 Year Warranty
    Please tell me why so many dealers know so little about their product and the warranty it carries.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    I had my daughter check on the price for a MM in Anchorage. $598 with grill gripper and PS is $55. How can an Alaskan store beat the prices of a store in the Lower 48?
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • LadyGT
    LadyGT Posts: 109
    Options
    I bought an egg in my hometown while there was an eggfest in Atlanta. The store was selling with a bundle and gave us an extra 15 percent off accessories if we bought everything at the same time. 

Look around for sales or see if somebody will price match. These items may be seasonal items too. I have noticed this product is becoming more popular since we bought ours last October. 
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Pricing varied significantly - $130 difference in large egg between highest and lowest. Worst price was from Pinch a Penny - the kids working had no idea about the product and just looked up prices. Shocked BGE lets them be dealers. Interestingly, cheapest was the one with best service - small independent shop. Win win! Also offering a good discount on accessories purchased with the egg, so with that offer I have some questions which I put in this thread: http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1182997/accessories-for-first-time-egghead

Thanks again!
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    I thought so too, but my dealer said one.  It doesn't mater. My current one is not broke yet and I have a back up.  I may still get a AR/Woo2 combo though.
    @Ladeback69 ... now I see the problem.  You told your dealer the plate setter was cracked ... go back and tell him the ConvEGGtor is cracked ... it has a three year warranty.
      • Ceramic components, including dome, base, fire box and fire ring – Limited Lifetime Warranty to original purchaser from Authorized Dealer
      • Ceramic EGGcessories, including ConvEGGtor and Pizza/Baking Stones – 3 Year Warranty
      • Metal Components, including EGG band, stainless steel cooking grid, cast iron charcoal grate and EGG Nest – 5 Year Warranty
    Please tell me why so many dealers know so little about their product and the warranty it carries.

They want to make their margin. Caveat Emptor also applies to Eggers. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options

They want to make their margin. Caveat Emptor also applies to Eggers. 
    I am not complaining.  I got a replacement and the old one is still in one piece.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Interesting coincident this weekend.  On Father's Day, I noticed a hairline crack about a third of the way across my large plate setter.  Took a picture and showed it to my dealer yesterday when I was in the store.  He told me to keep using it until it broke, then we'd send in a picture of the broken pieces for warranty.  Said he had a stack of them in the back room, so I wouldn't be without a functioning plate setter for even one cook. 

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• RollTideRob
    RollTideRob Posts: 139
    Options
    Ask about demo eggs. I bought my large for 500 and my medium for 300.
    Large, Medium

Heflin, AL
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I do not know if it makes a difference but when it comes to warranty claims my dealer takes forever. He says it is due to his low volume of turn around. I would pay a little more for faster warranty claims.  

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• HoustonEgger
    HoustonEgger Posts: 616
    Options
    Shop your dealers and sign up for their newsletters - and ask when they run specials. Dealers in Houston run 20% off specials in the summer and then 20% off any accessories when you buy an egg - just ask around.
    Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
    I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • Greedygoat
    Greedygoat Posts: 134
    Options
    Make the trip to Wassi's in Melbourne. Talk to Jan. It will be worth your trip. 
    Wassi's has the lowest prices in FL.  I made the 240 mile round trip from SE FL last month to save over $300 on my XL.  Jan, Frank and Frank Jr. will hook you up.

I asked the dealer I bought my LBGE from if he could come close to Wassi's price to save me the trip and he said "if that's what they're selling them for I would go get one now before their prices change".  
    XL and a Mini-Max.
    Boca Raton, FL
  • nutshellml
    nutshellml Posts: 166
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I just picked up the BGE XL for $1079 - 10% fathers day special.  Delivery and set up included.  Please tell me if this is a fair price???
    Northern Jersey
    XL BGE  |  XL Adjustable Rig Combo  |  CyberQ  |  Maverick 733
  • THEBuckeye
    Options
    Another consideration is whether dealer's deliver and assemble your Egg...for "free".  
    New Albany, Ohio 

• THEBuckeye
    Options
    I just picked up the BGE XL for 1079 - 10% fathers day special.  I think that is a fair price???
    It depends on what you think a fair dealer mark-up is. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Mantoothian
    Options
    @hofstrajet There seems to be something wrong with your profile pic. It looks a lot like the Jets logo...
    Denver, CO
  • mimauler
    mimauler Posts: 136
    Options
    I'm in Jax Fl my MM was 499.00 with the plate setter.  Ace Turner at the Beach
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    mimauler said:
    I'm in Jax Fl my MM was 499.00 with the plate setter.  Ace Turner at the Beach
    That's a good price!
  • mimauler
    mimauler Posts: 136
    Options
    Yes I was hoping they didn't misquote over the phone.  I tried talking them into a bag of lump but no deal.     
  • bill37
    bill37 Posts: 127
    Options
    I say a medium at Sam's today for $895.00