Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turkey Wings

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
do these all the time as they are super easy and very good. Lemon Pepper 400 raised direct. Sauce last 10 mins. By the way, this was on a LARGE. 

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• Mickey
    Options
    Sorry but did not get finished pic. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Looking good. Man size wings.
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Looking good brother. Where is the rest of that bird  ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    I ate it for an appetizer
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • Mickey
    Options
    SGH said:
    Looking good brother. Where is the rest of that bird  ;)
    The very best of the bird: wings, legs, & necks and gizzards. Why bother with the rest. 

• Black_Badger
    Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
    Options
    Haha, almost unbelievable that those are on a large. WOW! I think your turkey supplier may have found a way to thin out all those pesky highly endangered condors that have been hanging around their place...
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • Black_Badger
    Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
    Options
    Plus, that label says "Pork Boston Butt Steak Bone In Thin Value Pack". You must be mistaken, these are hog wings...
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    I'm a thigh man.  Good lookin'

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

Well, in Texas, pigs might fly.

Those look good... but what did Linda eat?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Options
    How is his vinegar sauce?  We liked his Texas but didn't care much for the espresso....haven't tried the vinegar yet.  
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • EggDan
    EggDan Posts: 174
    Options
    @Mickey that looks amazing.  Did you use any wood chunks?  In addition, where do you go that sells individual turkey wings?
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Looks great, I need to do some turkey wings again.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Mickey
    edited June 2015
    Options
    4Runner said:
    How is his vinegar sauce?  We liked his Texas but didn't care much for the espresso....haven't tried the vinegar yet.  
    I use it all the time as a dipping sauce and real good on birds of all sizes. And best of all on Pulled Pork. 

• Mickey
    Options

EggDan said:
    @Mickey that looks amazing.  Did you use any wood chunks?  In addition, where do you go that sells individual turkey wings?
    Did not here on chips but when I think of them its half pecan/cherry.
    HEB has the Wings or Legs or Necks