Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled lamb

Options
TexanOfTheNorth
TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
edited June 2015 in Lamb
Used this recipe, http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/lamb-kabob-with-mint-pesto-recipe.html to do some grilled lamb kabobs the other night. Very simple and delicious!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

Comments

• jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Looks really good.   Always wanted to try lamb.  May just have to give it a shot. 
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,282
    Options
    They look great. Lamb on the grill is a favorite of mine.
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    hard to beat lamb kakobs, leg was on sale last week and im still kicking myself for not stocking up
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Man I hope they tasted as good as they look because they look incredible.  Bookmarked!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Man I hope they tasted as good as they look because they look incredible.  Bookmarked!
    The mint pesto is fantastic. I've brought left-overs in for lunch twice this week!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    John, that looked soooo gooood, I gnawed on my phone!
    Flint, Michigan
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Looks like a winner to me my friend. Great to see you posting again. Now, how about some lobsters ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    SGH said:
    Looks like a winner to me my friend. Great to see you posting again. Now, how about some lobsters ;)
    Where ya been?!? Lamb is the new lobster!
    Options
    Where ya been?!? Lamb is the new lobster!
    Lamb is no doubt great. But lobster is one of my very favorites. The lamb does look excellent brother North. Great job :clap: 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• bweekes
    bweekes Posts: 725
    edited June 2015
    Options
    John - looks great. BTW, I think it's hilarious that @SGH calls you "brother North". Like something Kanye West would do. 
    Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)
  • flhxnick
    flhxnick Posts: 66
    Options
    Looks awesome!!
    XLBGE in plainview,new york
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    bweekes said:
    John - looks great. BTW, I think it's hilarious that @SGH calls you "brother North". Like something Kanye West would do. 
    Thanks @bweekes

@SGH and I are tight!
    Options
    @SGH and I are tight!
    We certainly are brother of the North!!

Status- Standing by.

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    SGH said:
    @SGH and I are tight!
    We certainly are brother of the North!!
    ... and I wouldn't have it any other way!
    Options
    Those look awesome. I bet it was a challenge flipping and shuffling them around. Talk about a full grate. Good job.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• pantsypants
    pantsypants Posts: 1,191
    Options
    Nice work Brother !!
    Toronto
  • YYZegger
    YYZegger Posts: 231
    Options
    Nice job John!  They look great.
    Toronto, Canada  LBGE
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    Options
    Looks great! 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Bookmarked! That mint pesto sounds deelish. Great cook.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
    Options
    Great kabobs!!!!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe