Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BS thighs

Options
boneless, skinless thighs with rub your chicken rub and rub your butt mustard sauce to finish. 

Comments

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    nice looking meal. How were they

LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• NCEggSmoker
    NCEggSmoker Posts: 336
    Options
    Boneless skinless thighs are our favorite chicken parts in my family. Looks excellent. 
    Raleigh NC, Large BGE and KJ Joe Jr.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    grege345 said:
    nice looking meal. How were they

We love em. Really into the mustard based BBQ sauces. Nice tangy change of pace. I would recommend. BGE makes a nice mustard sauce as well. I must say, rub your butt sauce is my favorite. Really can't be easier weekday cook. 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,543
    Options
    Looks great. Thanks for sharing
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Solid looking healthy supper. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • d16lee
    d16lee Posts: 46
    Options
    How do you keep the coals from flaring up while the dome is open?
  • mikelove
    mikelove Posts: 15
    Options
    I made the same thing last night for dinner, but used some real hot spicy rub called Sweet Lou's Hot and Spicy
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Yesterday must have been National Chicken Day ... good looking cook.  So, is the Cubs glass the new "fork in the picture" thing?

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    d16lee said:
    Pretty sure the lack of fat on the thighs keps the "organic" fuel to a minimum to avoid flare ups and closing the lower vent a bit cuts off some of the air flow - hence no flames. Dome temp in the 350º-400º range also helps. 
    Excellent thighs! (like the Cubbies glass, although an A's fan, if it has to be the National League, it has to be the Cubs)
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • pgprescott
    Options
    d16lee said:
    I don't cook them with the dome open. I just open it to snap cool and awesome photos and to apply the sauce LOL. I will say, it can get hot when glazing them. A long handle helps a lot. The fire won't flare up as long as the lid is closed. 
  • pgprescott
    Options

d16lee said:
    Pretty sure the lack of fat on the thighs keps the "organic" fuel to a minimum to avoid flare ups and closing the lower vent a bit cuts off some of the air flow - hence no flames. Dome temp in the 350º-400º range also helps. 
    Excellent thighs! (like the Cubbies glass, although an A's fan, if it has to be the National League, it has to be the Cubs)
    Long suffering fans here. A bit of Cruzans rum and coke in the Tervis. Cubs and A's have done a lot of trades over the years. Spot on with the dome temps. 
  • pgprescott
    Options

Yesterday must have been National Chicken Day ... good looking cook.  So, is the Cubs glass the new "fork in the picture" thing?
    Chicken. The easy week night meal. I had a rum and coke. Laid off the bourbon yesterday. Thanks. 
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    The only problem I see with that is you only cooked enough thighs for me ;).  The first pic would be my dinner plate :smiley: 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• pgprescott
    Options
    The only problem I see with that is you only cooked enough thighs for me ;).  The first pic would be my dinner plate :smiley: 
    @SmokeyPitt I must admit I was tempted as well! Thanks. 
  • tcampbell
    tcampbell Posts: 771
    Options
    Nice cook and lawn.
  • pgprescott
    Options
    tcampbell said:
    Nice cook and lawn.
    Thanks @tcampbell it's been a really good year for growing grass so far. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,991
    Options
    Please pardon my ignorance, but, are BS thighs something you can find at the grocery, Costco, or butcher shop? I have never seen these before, and I also will admit never being smart enough to look for them either. These would be a definite family favorite, and I would like to try making them on the XL.
    Great looking cook, Great looking set up, and yes, fabulous looking yard!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • pgprescott
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Please pardon my ignorance, but, are BS thighs something you can find at the grocery, Costco, or butcher shop? I have never seen these before, and I also will admit never being smart enough to look for them either. These would be a definite family favorite, and I would like to try making them on the XL.
    Great looking cook, Great looking set up, and yes, fabulous looking yard!
    Around here we get them at Kroger. They come all butchered up, no bones and no skin. Prepackaged in poultry section. Thanks for the kind words Yukon.