Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Bites

Options
Sookie
Sookie Posts: 335

I'm a really poor planner.

Ok, really I'm not the worst in the world, about most things.  I'm a list person, and in my job when plan A goes to crap, I can usually get a good plan B together PDQ.    However yesterday was a little different.  It was a busy morning. We went to my grandmother's nursing home with my dad to have birthday cake (yesterday was her 102nd birthday, GO GRANDMA!) and I had a haircut appointment at 2:00.  We were originally going to get something to eat between these two events but the salon called and said they could get me in early, so we went straight there. 

Now, the SU (Spousal Unit) was absolutely thrilled that he got to wait for me while the beautification process took place.  NOT.  My disclaimer though is that it's his own darned fault.  I gave him the option of running to the meat market and picking us out something tasty to do so that he wouldn't be bored, but he declined.  (Notice the deflection here as I begin to shift all the blame and responsibility to him??)

Regardless, we pulled out a flank steak when we got home thinking we would just season it up carne asada style, however the speed at which it unthawed was not exactly on our schedule.  SO, this is where my mad plan B skills kicked in. 

Thawed a couple chicken breasts

Cubed them.

Marinaded in some balsamic vinegar and some honey-garlic marinade that I procured from my local grocer.

Added some McCormick Garlic Pepper

Wrapped in bacon (duh!)

Hence dinner was chicken snacks.  I feel really humbled about this considering the whacked out crazy delicious looking Swineapple that Valois posted on here earlier, but it is what it is. 

I hope you all have a great Memorial Day weekend!

PS:  And I still cant get this thing to post the pictures in the order in which makes sense in my little "OCD about things that are easy to be OCD about" brain. 

Comments