Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Georgia Mountain Eggfest

Options
13»

Comments

• ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    I have never been to an eggfest at all before so I will also have nothing to compare it to, but I will love just being around my fellow eggheads! 

I know a lot of other eggers here in my area, but they aren't passionate about it. One guy told me a couple of months ago that he will not use his egg in the winter months! We are in GA it doesn't even get that cold here. I felt sorry for him. 
    He needs his man card revoked. 
    Agreed. He doesn't carry it anyway. It's in his wife's underwear drawer...w all do respect to his wife. 
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    Did anybody have the jerk ahi tuna and cole slaw. I think that was my favorite. That and the "bacon guy"  
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    I am glad you guys had a good time. I so hope I can make it next year. I want to meet all of you! 

+1 with that
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Looks like a great time. Keep the pics coming- I know 'miah wasn't the only one there with a camera!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    Options
    I think there is a pretty good chance we will go to this fest next year.  I hope some of you can make it back - I would love to meet you all.  And I for sure will take pics of the food!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I think there is a pretty good chance we will go to this fest next year.  I hope some of you can make it back - I would love to meet you all.  And I for sure will take pics of the food!
    @JohnInCarolina I was just looking at this from @NecessaryIndulg from last year to get my food pr0n fix. 

http://necessaryindulgences.com/2014/05/georgia-mountain-eggfest-2014/

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    We had a blast! Didn't know we're you got the name tag and didn't see any body from here except @Dyal_SC and I think I saw @NecessaryIndulg snapping some pics. Food was amzing and me and the wife had a great time. 

Hate We didn't get to meet more people. 

XLBGE 
  • NecessaryIndulg
    NecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,298
    Options
    ksmyrl said:
    Did anybody have the jerk ahi tuna and cole slaw. I think that was my favorite. That and the "bacon guy"  
    That tuna was fantastic! 
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • NecessaryIndulg
    NecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,298
    Options

We had a blast! Didn't know we're you got the name tag and didn't see any body from here except @Dyal_SC and I think I saw @NecessaryIndulg snapping some pics. Food was amzing and me and the wife had a great time. 

Hate We didn't get to meet more people. 
    MrCookingNurse! 
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • SmokinTiger81
    SmokinTiger81 Posts: 746
    Options
    As always, another great GaMtn Eggfest by John Hall--gets better and grows each year.  Great weather and great crowd.  Nice to see and talk to @necessaryindulgences, Dyal, JRWhitee, Piney, Patty, Jen, North Ga Eggers. Fla Grillin Girl and others--sorry for those I am leaving out.  Got too busy cooking to take pics, but Kristi took a bunch so looking forward to her summary and photo essay.   Plus got to break in two new large eggs for my brother and son in law to take home with them yesterday.   Again, if this is a fest you can get to, this is one you need to get to.