Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best. Day. Ever.

Options
So, remember when @Scottborasjr posted a few days ago about someone looking for a used large?  He said a friend of his was looking to sell his and a bunch of accessories for $600.  Too good to be true, right?  

WRONG!

Good grief, what a deal. I drove to Lincoln after work with six hundo in in hand, and this is what I came home with:

1 large egg
nest
mates
ceramic cap
daisy wheel
platesetter
stainless grate
cast iron grate
pizza stone
clean out tool
grate lifter
vinyl cover
4.5 bags of Royal Oak lump
and one sweet orange Home Depot bucket full of hickory chunks.  

The seller does competition BBQ, and had several stick burners when I pulled into his driveway.  I figured he treated his equipment nicely, and likely babied his Egg.  Sure enough, it was pristine.  

So, I'm officially a two-Egg owner.  Happy birthday to me.  Happy Fathers Day to me.  Congrats to me on the new job.  (the same one I skipped Salado for so I could stay here and interview).  My wife is not only okay with the new Egg, she's supportive of it.  The only requirement is a couple dinner parties this summer on our patio.  

HELL YES. 

It's been a good day.  

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

Comments