Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Calling @badinfluence

Options

Comments

• ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    Best of luck. At the worst...the very worst...at least you'll know. I bet less than 1% of folks have chased a dream and know if it worked or not. Awesome for you. Keep us posted. 
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Best wishes for your new endeavor! Can you get hooked up with the RAGBRAI scene this year? You would be perfect for that! A venture into Iowa City every now and then may be worth your while too. I don't recall any good BBQ in IC when I was there. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    @caliking‌ i have thought about iowa city for game days and yes RAZR I has also crossed my mind. Wish I was going last year when they ended here in clinton.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • badinfluence
    Options
    Update. Health inspection this morning. Hope ihave all my bbases covered. Wish me luck.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Fingers crossed for you!!!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Good luck! Love the logo!!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    What an amazing reason to be MIA!!  
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    @badinfluence, good luck to you sir in your endeavors and I too have been thinking of doing either catering or a food truck.  The thing is the wife is not to hip on the idea an there are a lot of BBQ catering places in KC I would competing with.  I will have to remember to find your truck when I am in the Clinton area and will pass it on to my coworkers who do a lot of work in Iowa over the year for the power company.  I believe they are called Interstate Power and Light now.  I look forward to seeing new post on this and will look for your Facebook page.  Wish you well again. 
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • jonnymack
    jonnymack Posts: 627
    Options
    ksmyrl said:
    Best of luck. At the worst...the very worst...at least you'll know. I bet less than 1% of folks have chased a dream and know if it worked or not. Awesome for you. Keep us posted. 
    This. I couldn't be happier to hear your tale. Best of luck to you, love the logo. Please try to keep us informed of your story.
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Subscribed!!  I love to see someone chasing their dream.  I am rooting for ya!!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Best of luck on passing the inspection ...

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• mwatts
    mwatts Posts: 122
    edited May 2015
    Options
    This is just awesome. Good luck!
    Extra Large, Large, DigiQII, Thermapen, Adjustable Rig
  • HarrisFrampton
    Options
    Congrats!
    Wimberley,TX
    X-Large,Large, Medium and Small
    17" and 28" Blackstones
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Congrats.  That's great news!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Freaking awesome!  Do you have your menu completed?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    @nphuskerfl yes pretty much have the menu figured out. I will toss a wrench in it from  time to time. Will have pulled pork daily And of course burgers and dogs, but when i can get a deal on tongue and heart that to will be a special.
    Solid menu! I like that you are going to have offal on the menu on occasion, will set you apart for sure!
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    @nphuskerfl yes pretty much have the menu figured out. I will toss a wrench in it from  time to time. Will have pulled pork daily And of course burgers and dogs, but when i can get a deal on tongue and heart that to will be a special.
    You are living the dream! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Oh yes, tongue would definitely throw a wrench in my menu. 

Congrats on passing inspection.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• RRP
    Options
    BINGO for passing the inspection! I assume the tongue comment was made as a joke - right? BTW I hope you are in fact still planning to come to the Peoria Eggfest, Sat, June 6th! We are not that far across the Mighty Mississippi!
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    RRP said:
    BINGO for passing the inspection! I assume the tongue comment was made as a joke - right? BTW I hope you are in fact still planning to come to the Peoria Eggfest, Sat, June 6th! We are not that far across the Mighty Mississippi!
    actually tongue is very good if cooked right. something i have yet to master
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Tacos de Lengua kick ass
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Huge cajones amigo.  Commend you for following your heart/passion.
    It's all downhill after the health dept headache. lol

Best wishes bud from here in the QC.  Will look ya up if I'm in your neck of the woods.  Awesome to see a food truck, no action yet in the QC.  Big employers.  John Deere, Alcoa, Arsenal Island....kicked it around myself....another option  ;)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• RRP
    Options
    jabam said:
    RRP said:
    actually tongue is very good if cooked right. something i have yet to master
    GOOD!!! Then I won't cut into your access to it or to stomach or even mesquite wood to smoke in with!!! Ain't I nice??? OTOH please don't send me a bill for your buying any of that forementioned  "crap"!!! LOL!!! And NO I don't buy sliced hog rectums and pass them off as "expensive" fish rings!

• badinfluence
    Options
    @RRP actually I was not joking about the tongue. It will not be a everyday menu thing though. We eat tongue in our house Anand enjoy it. Tender as pot roast.
    About the only thing off limits are eyeballs and brains.  Non of them will EVER be cooked on the truck while I own it...lol

Clinton, Iowa
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    Congrats on the inspection.  Good luck from here.  It sounds like you have a solid plan.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• badinfluence
    Options
    Coming along. Only waiting on city permits now then up and running.

Clinton, Iowa
  • McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Options
    VERY COOL MAN Best of luck to you!!!!!
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Looking good!
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker