Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pampered chef recommendation

Options
henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
My wife has to purchase the obligatory pc item. I was thinking about the garlic press. Suggestions? 
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Oven stoneware is solid - we have one that is toaster oven size that wr use all the time.
  • PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Options
    Heck no! Get the chopper!
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • Dawnya00
    Dawnya00 Posts: 50
    Options
    My garlic press is the only pc item I own and have been happy with it. You do have to still peel it prior to pressing, but helpful when needing more than 1 clove.
  • Legume
    Options
    PNWFoodie said:
    Totally agree, but while you were away there was a chopper-shaming thread.  We all need better knives and knife skills instead of a crutch like the chopper.   :|
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    We just bought this
    http://www.pamperedchef.com/shop/Cookware/Rockcrok+Everyday+Pan/3139

We will be buying more of these. Hopefully a full set. Refrigerator to oven, microwave, egg. Works absolutely seamlessly. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • PNWFoodie
    Options
    Legume said:
    PNWFoodie said:
    Totally agree, but while you were away there was a chopper-shaming thread.  We all need better knives and knife skills instead of a crutch like the chopper.   :|
    Agreed, and I am proud of my knife skills (LOVE my knives and will take them over a garlic press, etc, anytime)...but when I am in a pinch and trying to get carrots, celery, and onions down small enough to "hide" from the fam, the chopper wins. It also does a great job crumbling ritz crackers for seafood stuffing. 
    Sandy
  • Legume
    Options
    I use my chopper for mincing jalapeños and other hot peppers to get them really really small.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    I like the fact you don't have to sit in somebody's home for a presentation any longer and can just buy direct if you want. We went to a few PC parties over the years. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    If your looking for one of their inexpensive items, the pineapple thing is awesome. Works just like an apple slicer/corer. 

Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Love our can opener. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • LadyGT
    LadyGT Posts: 109
    Options

I love the garlic press and the can opener.  I have the chopper and rarely use it. I hate washing all the parts when I can just use a knife. 

I do not peel the garlic before using and works just fine.

• PNWFoodie
    Options
    Agreed...you do not need to peel the garlic before peeling. It is the only can opener I use. I don't have a problem with cleaning the chopper though...either a quick spray when I'm done or the dishwasher works.
    Sandy
  • fruitguy
    fruitguy Posts: 303
    Options
  • DCahill
    DCahill Posts: 23
    Options
    One quick recent discovery:  we had an old pampered chef pizza stone and I contacted them about max temperature.   It can only deal with 450 maximum.  Just thought I'd share!
    Western Springs, IL    Large BGE
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    You need to get that $100 lettuce spinner. You will enjoy watching it go around! (JKOC)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,118
    Options
    This will be @Henapple after he gets all his PC gear.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Chicklet
    Chicklet Posts: 205
    Options
    I actually really like their paring knife with the little case/sharpener gizmo.  
    I also like the silicone scrapers / spoons - the Mix N Scraper isi fantastic.  I've used a lot of their stuff for years and have never been disappointed in anything I've ever purchased.  Years ago (10+), I had a party and sold over $1200 worth of stuff.  I still have and use all the stuff I earned and purchased.  
    Of course, the pizza stones are great.  Not really Egg appropriate but still great.  The measuring bowl with the lid is great....mandoline slicer, corn cob nobs, corn butterer....I could go on and on.  Even their BBQ tools are great.  A spatula that doubles as a beer bottle opener is alright in my book. 

Oh!  And if you have a lefty cook, the bamboo spatula set has one left handed spatula in the set.  

meredith
    Eat, drink and be merry

Huntsville, AL ~ LBGE noob
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    This thing, use it all the time.
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    DCahill said:
    One quick recent discovery:  we had an old pampered chef pizza stone and I contacted them about max temperature.   It can only deal with 450 maximum.  Just thought I'd share!
    I've been cooking pizza on mine at 600+. I figure it will explode one day and I'll have to order take out. Until then....
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    DCahill said:
    I've been cooking pizza on mine at 600+. I figure it will explode one day and I'll have to order take out. Until then....
    Yep, been pushing mine 600° for a couple years now with no issues.  It stays outside with the rest of things.  

If it busts tomorrow, I'll say "it's been a good'in".
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    DCahill said:
    It will, mine did. Got the BGE stone now.
    Jacksonville FL
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I think our pizza cutter is PC and it is pretty solid.  It comes with a cover which is nice and it is still sharp after many years.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• LadyGT
    LadyGT Posts: 109
    Options
    Most items PC sells can be purchased elsewhere for less. I suggest your getting something that cannot be found elsewhere. I have not found a better safety can opener than at PC. QVC has one but comes in funky colors and you pay shipping. I am not impressed with the chopper and it can be found elsewhere as well.
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Dobie said:
    DCahill said:
    It will, mine did. Got the BGE stone now.
    Same here.  The last pizza off it was good!

--------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    I was gonna suggest the Bar-B-Boss grill spatula but it looks like they don't make it any more. Love mine. Used the built in bottle opener just last Sunday. 
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    Options
    They have a 2" spatula that we use all the time.  Not on the egg though
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY