Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

getting rid of the gasser...

Options
:| Well, its time, I have only used it once in over two years sinse the Egg. My uncle's crapped out so I told him he could take mine. It was a good gasser (Nepoleon), but I cant see myself using it much and at least someone will use it.

Have a great friday and weekend everyone. Enjoy the cooking!

Oh, and expecting snow tonight and tomorrow, sucks because 2 days ago it was 22C (68F), no back to 0 for tomorrow. But back to 22C for Tuesday, have to love Alberta in April....  
County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I still use mine for storage!!   =)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I use mine primarily for storage and also have used it as a warming table a few times since I got my 2nd egg. When I only had my XL, I also used it to grill sides, hot dogs, etc while smoking something. I think I might need to get rid of it to free up deck space soon.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    Options
    DMW said:
    I use mine primarily for storage and also have used it as a warming table a few times since I got my 2nd egg. When I only had my XL, I also used it to grill sides, hot dogs, etc while smoking something. I think I might need to get rid of it to free up deck space soon.

I have a warming drawiner in the kitchen. What I like is more counter space outside so it will free up part of the nook and i'll just build a simple wooden table for some more room. It was a pretty big gasser, and took up a lot of room.
  • DMW
    Options
    DMW said:

I have a warming drawiner in the kitchen. What I like is more counter space outside so it will free up part of the nook and i'll just build a simple wooden table for some more room. It was a pretty big gasser, and took up a lot of room.
    Yeah, I'm thinking an actually storage cabinet that can double as shelf space might be a more efficient use of space than the gasser.

I'm planning a deck cleanup day tomorrow, we'll see what happens.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • mtbguy
    mtbguy Posts: 299
    Options
    Sent mine to the curb. A junk man was so happy to take it. I don't miss it at all
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    Mine sat on the trash curb for maybe 20 minutes before someone grabbed it up!

XLBGE 
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    I gave mine to a buddy. I was using my old charcoal grill for storage, but I got a new storage table so it is now gone. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    Alberta is beautiful. I wouldn't be complaining! 
  • luckyboy
    luckyboy Posts: 284
    Options
    Not getting rid of mine. I can cook a 120lb. Whole hog, 18 buts and a lot of chickens.
    I got my egg for my small cooks and for the challenges it brings.Wish I would have bought sooner. Have a great one.

• AlbertaEgger
    Options
    Alberta is beautiful. I wouldn't be complaining! 

Not complaining, love it actually. But I will be glad when summer is here.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    Booted my Ducane's butt to the curb years ago!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • DMW
    Options
    luckyboy said:
    Not getting rid of mine. I can cook a 120lb. Whole hog, 18 buts and a lot of chickens.
    I got my egg for my small cooks and for the challenges it brings.Wish I would have bought sooner. Have a great one.

What kind of gas grill do you have?

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    I can proudly say that I've never owned a gasser.  I did give my imitation Weber Smokey Mountain to a coworker when buying my egg though
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    luckyboy said:

120lb hog?  That must be a big gasser.  I gave mine to some guys painting the foreclosed house next to us a year ago and haven't missed it a bit.  It was so inefficient that it took almost as long to get up to 400 as my XL does now, but the food didn't taste as good.  Gas is fine for the oven or range inside, but I prefer the smokey flavor of the egg. :)
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Have not used mine in five years. I have a built in charcoal grill from the 60s in my back porch. Would love to take it out and mount a Ducane or something similar. There is storage underneath that could hold a propane tank. 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Keeping it in the family is not really getting rid of it you know. That is the ultimate in recycling, passing it on to someone who will use it - nice touch. Still use mine at least once a week, the side burner even more often. Great warming oven - if mine crapped out, I'd probably get another. Napoleon makes a good grill, even their charcoal kettles are excellent. Your uncle owes you a meal!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • luckyboy
    luckyboy Posts: 284
    Options
    My Glaser is , cooking surface 48*30 inches , has a 1/4 in plate over the actual burner where you can place wood chips and it produces enough smoke.it is stainless steel about 20yrs. Old and still looks bran new.I don't have the time just now or i'd post a picture, i'll try tomorrow. It was made by a local welder in Somerville, SC., he sold them for a living,  his name was Carter.it worked well for a gathering of several families. Just the wife and my self now but I'm going to hang on to it.
  • AlbertaEgger
    Options
    Keeping it in the family is not really getting rid of it you know. That is the ultimate in recycling, passing it on to someone who will use it - nice touch. Still use mine at least once a week, the side burner even more often. Great warming oven - if mine crapped out, I'd probably get another. Napoleon makes a good grill, even their charcoal kettles are excellent. Your uncle owes you a meal!

My uncle just dropped off an old record player and speakers that my little girl was looking for, she is 10 and I have a big box of old records from my dad when he passed ~20 years ago, CASH, Beatles, Meatloaf, etc. He found out she was looking to buy a little player somwehere and came and set this one up. I think even with the bbq, I still owe HIM a meal.