Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: blackstone customer service

Options
NDG
NDG Posts: 2,431
I have been crazy busy with work travel, but wanted to pass this along regarding Blackstone.  I know many here have one, and many others have expressed some interest.

I wrote an email about my frustration related to the sticker removal.  I informed them the truth, took me 6 hours to remove and my oven finish was ruined in the process . . my wife says it is uglier than a bag of buttholes.  I got a super quick response back, and a few emails later they shipped me a brand new replacement: 1) dome, 2) shelves . . . also gave me a FREE cover!  

This means a lot to me, so figured I would pass it along.  Well done blackstone.
Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Great news. Thanks for the heads up. I never did get mine removed and it looks like crap. What is their email address? PM me if you don't want to post it.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    PM sent . . good luck.
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    DMW said:
    Great news. Thanks for the heads up. I never did get mine removed and it looks like crap. What is their email address? PM me if you don't want to post it.
    LMGTFY :smirk: 

http://www.blackstoneproducts.com/contact.html

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    DMW said:
    LMGTFY :smirk: 

http://www.blackstoneproducts.com/contact.html

Yep, I deserved that. ;)
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • chrisc133
    chrisc133 Posts: 501
    Options
    It took me a solid 4 hours to get my stickers off and I never did get it all off the right side table. I can't imagine what they were thinking using that glue. I have always heard great things about their customer service though. 
    Augusta, GA
    #BGETEAMGREEN member
    MiniMax, Large, XL BGE
    Featured on Man Fire Food Season 7
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    Are the stickers supposed to be removed.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
    I only see my crappy stickers when I am cooking on it.  Its under the cover the rest of the time.  Cool story though.  I love my blackstone.  I may try cooking a pizza on the egg someday just to try it out again.