Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Southern Sawmill Gravy. For PNWFoodie

Options
2»

Comments

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Its also good covering some browned sausage then wrapped up in a tortilla. 

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,794
    Options
    Its also good covering some browned sausage then wrapped up in a tortilla. 
    No doubt about it. It compliments several differnt meats very well. Smothering biscuits with it is one of my favorite things for breakfast. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Maybe you need to develop a way to freeze and slice it then batter it and deep fry it. You might have the next big thing at the state fair " fried gravy". 

Little Rock, AR

• Dave in Florida
    Options
    Sounds like the sausage gravy Granny use to make to put over biscuits.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Sounds awesome!  Gonna miss Salado. Sad face. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGH
    Options
    Sounds awesome!  Gonna miss Salado. Sad face. 
    Sure wish that you could be there brother husker.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,236
    Options
    Sunday Brunch Bump
  • smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    Options
    @SGH bookmarked. Thank you!
    Large, small, and a mini
  • SGH
    Options
    @SGH bookmarked. Thank you!
    My pleasure. Hope that you enjoy it. Remember, you can doctor it up with anything that you want. The recipe given above is great but can be adjusted just about any way that you want. 

Sunday Brunch Bump
    Are you making it today?

Status- Standing by.

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    @SGH   No sir. I wish I were though. Just seemed appropriate for a rainy Sunday morning. 
  • SGH
    Options
    @SGH   No sir. I wish I were though. Just seemed appropriate for a rainy Sunday morning. 
    I hear ya brother. It has rained here everyday for over a week. It's getting ridiculous. If you ever try the gravy, let me know what you think.

Status- Standing by.

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    I'm definitely making it. I haven't had good sausage gravy since I lived in North Carolina over a decade ago. 
  • SGH
    Options
    Just seemed appropriate for a rainy Sunday morning. 
    When my grandmother was alive, you could count on having it on Sunday morning. Not so much anymore since I'm the cook!! I'm getting old and lazy brother. 

Status- Standing by.

• smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    Thank you, saved to my recipe book.  My first thought, was perfect after a night of drinking...
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • SGH
    Options
    smbishop said:
    Thank you, saved to my recipe book.  My first thought, was perfect after a night of drinking...
    It works wonders for a hang over. Soak biscuits in it and eat until you are stuffed. It will perk you right up. 

Status- Standing by.

• smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options

Better 'start' now and make this tomorrow morning.  :

Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • smak
    smak Posts: 199
    Options
    News 
    smak
    Leesburg, VA
  • smak
    smak Posts: 199
    Options
    News 
    smak
    Leesburg, VA