Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Augusta Masters Sunday Brisket with my new cooking buddy..."Jake".

Options
We took on a little 5 pound brisket today while watching Jordan Speith put on an incredible display of golf and poise. I bought this 
meat 4 weeks prior and wet aged it in original cryo packing from market. For those not familiar, do the research. You will not get the 
taste restructuring like with dry aging but you will gain tenderness! 
Started with mixture of B&B and Green Egg charcoal with pecan wood. Cooked on raised iron cook grid with a drip pan 3/4 full of water resting on metal homemade legs above place setter. This is very important to help maintain the moisture through the cook process.
Meat was injected with butcher BBQ injection marinade 12 hrs before. 

Slow low cook at 220-230 with cracked vent and intake. Below is our new Black Lab and my new cook buddy "Jake". 

Brisket hit hit a stall point at 160 for an hour. When it broke through and got to 170 I pulled and wrapped in double foil and back on Egg 
for finishing temps. Time for a G&T and back to playing with puppy and watching golf.  This pic was before stall. 

Few hours and meat hit 200. Shut all vents and opened cooker to let most heat out. Closed it to let meat rest
and remain warm. 
Pulled meat at 210 and made it into kitchen for salad and potato prep. Meat rested for additional 30 mins.

Brisket came out incredibly moist and tender the way they should be. I'm a little proud my puppy "Jake" had
such great success at 6 weeks of age. Too bad he won't get to taste his first cook. Maybe next time when he's bigger. 

This is brisket was excellent and had about 3/16" smoke ring. Like Jordan at The Masters... Nailed it!!
Life's short on this big rock.... Enjoy while you can!

Comments