Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A Piece Of Meat On The Grill

Options
Veal brisket and ribs connected. An Italian cut of veal.

Molly
Colorado Springs
"Loney Queen"
"Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    Dang-now that's a great looking cook.  Never have seen that cut of veal and wouldn't be smart enough to ask for it.  Always nice to learn something new-thanks for the post.  Enjoy the eats.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Mama Roneck
    Mama Roneck Posts: 386
    Options
    looks delicious
    Mamaroneck
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    That's some mighty fine looking grub you got there. Love the plated pic. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• blukat
    blukat Posts: 354
    Options
    That looks really good, especially the beer!
  • logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Options
    That looks crazy good.  That must have come from some specialty market or order.  Like @lousubcap said nice to see something new.  How long, how big and what temp.  My bride would love something like that.
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    logchief said:
    That looks crazy good.  That must have come from some specialty market or order.  Like @lousubcap said nice to see something new.  How long, how big and what temp.  My bride would love something like that.
    This is an Italian cut of veal. Here in Colorado Springs it is impossible find a cut like this.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • st¡ke
    st¡ke Posts: 276
    Options
    Our supermarket carries these and they are very cheap. "Veal breast", and usually cames with a pocket slit into it for stuffing. Typically braised IIRC. did one a looong time ago on the dead forum. But not like thi
    nice looking cook molly

i think yours would be more flavorul than the braised method. It was very mild, even for breast, as I recall. I think your direct fire would help a lot.