Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Devastated

Options

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Options
    26 pages.   Wow. I stopped looking at what are you doing now and what are you drinking long aGo.  I am done With this one. 
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Options
    last!
    Options
    First
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    150 years ago this week General Lee signed the surrender agreement 
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• jonnymack
    jonnymack Posts: 627
    Options
    This thread simply will not die. 
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    edited April 2015
    Options
    how about that huge global climate change is man-made conspiracy by 98% of the worlds climatologists?  
    Believe what you will. 

By the way, we're trying to keep politics (but not muscle cars) off the forum. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    We need pics of the newly constructed Egg and the the born-again virgin cook @shannonlcorum
    New Albany, Ohio 

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    I go to bed and you guys skip ahead 24 hrs. 
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    We need pics of the newly constructed Egg and the the born-again virgin cook @shannonlcorum
    ...and I would suggest starting a new thread.  This one will probably be sunk soon :)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    Options

@shannoncorum , what kind of charcoal do you use?

• jonnymack
    Options
    Hahaha...I come back to my favorite non-cooking thread and find we have now turned to global warming.

Here's my two cents (which we all know are not even worth that): I think we should be calling it "global something" because s**t's getting weird, the winters are getting worse, the droughts longer and there are major problems developing at the polar ice caps as well as the acidification of the oceans. To me we should all be in agreement that the amount of crap we put into the air, water and ground can't be good for the planet. 

I proudly wear my tin foil hat and say wait until the water wars start.  Sure hope my well doesn't run out!

• shannonlcorum
    Options
    @nolaegghead I did a poor job of representing my view.

I believe in global warming.  We should understand the root cause.  We should increase our knowledge base and learn to make accurate and predictive models (which we currently cannot).  We should understand the real impact of temperature changes both up and down.

Unfortunately mankind is not very good at acting in the best interest of the masses.  We will not take the steps required to reduce our footprint on the earth.  It just will not happen.

People will not reduce their drive to improve their immediate standard of living in order to stave off climate change.  That is to abstract for them.  Especially when the majority of the world is struggling for fresh water and food.

We need to learn the effects and try to adapt.  Limit the future damage as best we can but we will not take the steps necessary to reverse course.

I personally think we should remove all gov't subsidies on currently profitable energy sources and instead invest in clean energy.  Not the crap investment made to the private companies, but to universities who will freely license the tech.
    @Ozzie_Isaac  That's a pretty pessimistic view point.   That majority of the industrialized nations are on board with protecting the planet in this regard.  It's not that unrealistic to do what we can until data shows us to change.  

We buy insurance to protect our house in case it catches on fire, change the oil on on the car to keep the engine from failing, but when faced with rising sea levels and global famine (as well as the political instability that will result), it's like, oh, that's gonna cut into my quarterly profits, so it's a hoax.   I'm not optimistic New Orleans and my home will be here in 100 years, or much of Florida, and coastland around the world where a disproportionate percentage of the population live.  I'm still optimistic, but it's sad that the technology to cut down on CO2 has been here, and developing it creates jobs.  Alternative energy sources and technology create jobs.  I'm for nuclear, solar, wind, electric cars, etc.  But having a group of ideological morons scream and horde incandescent lightbulbs because the govmnt wants to increase efficiency is just flaunting a mentality that, if the human race wants to cling to, will accelerate and exacerbate the a global Darwin award.

I completely agree the gov subsidies should end.  And we need to dismantle the lobbyists' influence and take all the corporate money out of the process.  

Or, we could just start getting smaller in population to survive, just give up on mitigation.  Stop teaching abstinence and inhibiting birth control in undeveloped nations.  Get ready in other ways. 
    Dang, so we have to eat the giant guinea pigs to save the planet?
    ShannyShooShoo 
    Owner of 1 Mini BGE and 1 Wood-fired Brick Oven.
    Mother of 4 boys, 1 obese feline, 1 mean-assed chow, 1 rowdy bulldog, and 6 completely spoiled sugar gliders
  • shannonlcorum
    Options
    I had a 66 stang as my first car. Alas, only a six cylinder, but I loved that car. Sorry I'm late to the car party, but Ftw. 
    I had a canary yellow 66 mustang. Biggest mistake I made when I let it go. No air, no power steering, but I loved that car. 
    ShannyShooShoo 
    Mother of 4 boys, 1 obese feline, 1 mean-assed chow, 1 rowdy bulldog, and 6 completely spoiled sugar gliders
  • shannonlcorum
    Options

I think tomorrow I'm gonna get really drunk and try to steer this thread to politics and/or word choices. 
    Make sure you include Devatated and Catastrophe.
    ShannyShooShoo 
  • shannonlcorum
    Options

bo_mull said:
    If the new base doesn't come with a gasket then now would be a good time to upgrade to a rutland gasket. 
    Ok. I guess you order that online?
    ShannyShooShoo 
  • shannonlcorum
    Options

@shannoncorum , what kind of charcoal do you use?

Lump. Usually get it from SAMs club but I may try that one someone said on another post was similar to the green egg brand. Royal Oak?
    ShannyShooShoo 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options

bo_mull said:
    If the new base doesn't come with a gasket then now would be a good time to upgrade to a rutland gasket. 
    Ok. I guess you order that online?
    If you want Rutland, PM @RRP
  • Sameydog
    Sameydog Posts: 154
    Options
    I had to haul a bunch of "stuff" this morning, for my wife, to sell at the Great High Way 19 Yard Sale and now I'm back home to let the dog out...so to speak.

Looks like I didn't miss anything here since last night. Maybe a couple of things that anyone can find on the internet but other than that...nothing.

Bill

From the deep south...land of saltwater fish...west central Florida
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,120
    Options
    Its Friday!  for the record @nolaegghead I hope my pessimism is misplaced, but so far all the power brokers care about is $$$.  Hopefully we grow up and begin to get a long view.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options

Sameydog said:
    I had to haul a bunch of "stuff" this morning, for my wife, to sell at the Great High Way 19 Yard Sale and now I'm back home to let the dog out...so to speak.

Looks like I didn't miss anything here since last night. Maybe a couple of things that anyone can find on the internet but other than that...nothing.

Bill

Isn't this the internet?  I'm so confused.
  • Sameydog
    Sameydog Posts: 154
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Legume said:

Of course this is the internet. It was a figure of speech...but you knew that. 

This is kind of fun.

Plus I'm building my post count so I can eventually be one of the boys.

Bill
    From the deep south...land of saltwater fish...west central Florida
  • jonnymack
    Options
    Its Friday!  for the record @nolaegghead I hope my pessimism is misplaced, but so far all the power brokers care about is $$$.  Hopefully we grow up and begin to get a long view.
    It's not, they do only care about $$$. I see it firsthand. Sad really.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    grege345 said:
    quitter
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Sameydog said:
    Legume said:

Of course this is the internet. It was a figure of speech...but you knew that. 

This is kind of fun.

Plus I'm building my post count so I can eventually be one of the boys.

Bill
    Man ever since you cried over no one posting on one of your posts you have been negative.  See bold comment that I am referring to.  Bet it's good clean fun hanging around you.... 

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,120
    Options
    grege345 said:
    War of Northern Aggression has yet to end.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    @nolaegghead  tonight I'll show you how lower taxes and Reaganomics would have enabled Shannon to replace her own egg. You already know that due to the current administration she'll have to piece it together or, we can take someone else's egg and give it to her...they didn't earn it anyway. 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    if you like your egg, you can keep your egg.  if you don't have an egg, you can sign up and get an egg.